Home

Should Sim Players Call Mandatory Timeouts?

This is a discussion on Should Sim Players Call Mandatory Timeouts? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2018, 07:49 PM   #9
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Should Sim Players Call Mandatory Timeouts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Totally agree...Sim leagues rules are tough. I bring the same problem I had once in a league. Where they had a cap on PIP. And I played a player who didn't protect on drives. So by the time I got to that number it was the fourth quarter. So no what was I suppose to do? Not keep scoring in the paint because he kept leaving the players wide open. That was the last online league I played in. I love leagues. But I think I need leagues without rules. They only need a certain level of respect to each other as users. Because no matter what they will always be fights after a user loses.

Once had a guy who had crash boards on... fastbreak on him. He was all pissed. Move on....lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I agree 100%. That’s why I never messed with SIM Leagues. I do not think it’s sim to tell people they can shoot only this amount of 3s, have so many PIP and etc. If I am running a league I feel like we should be able to play however we play but just not exploit the game with moves that’s OP. Like in 2K11, you cant just keep hop-stepping in the paint and pump-faking or spin dunking. The best leagues are the ones where people is just playing basketball, man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i doubt any lg still has a pip or 3 pt attempt. rule.Ha. Yall reminiscing with that.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 08-20-2018, 07:51 PM   #10
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
i doubt any lg still has a pip or 3 pt attempt. rule.Ha. Yall reminiscing with that.

I don’t know what they have anymore. But any league rules I’ve seen that say they are SIM League implements silly rules like that. You can’t play X player this amount of minutes and etc. It’s always something especially if you beat the person that started the league lol.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 08-20-2018, 07:56 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
some leagues still have a fast break rule lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2018, 08:05 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 0

That's not a rule in the NBA anymore. There are no more mandatory timeouts. Before the rule change, I'd say maybe you'd have a point if you wanted this to be an unwritten rule.

I saw a game IRL where one team had all 7 timeouts towards the end of the 3rd quarter.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:12 PM   #13
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I don’t know what they have anymore. But any league rules I’ve seen that say they are SIM League implements silly rules like that. You can’t play X player this amount of minutes and etc. It’s always something especially if you beat the person that started the league lol.

Depends on lg. ha. we have never had gameplay rules for 6 years. Although, some things are frowned upon. Gameplay rules imo creates unfair advantages for certain teams.

Before the prominence of anayltics 2k lgs were still encouraging mid range jumpers. ha

Settings I play on.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:15 PM   #14
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
That's not a rule in the NBA anymore. There are no more mandatory timeouts. Before the rule change, I'd say maybe you'd have a point if you wanted this to be an unwritten rule.

I saw a game IRL where one team had all 7 timeouts towards the end of the 3rd quarter.
you sure about that? there are still mandatory tos each quarters. just looked at nba site

Settings I play on.

Last edited by alabamarob; 08-20-2018 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:21 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
you sure about that?
If neither team has taken a timeout prior to 6:59 of the period, it shall be mandatory for the Official Scorer to take it at the first dead ball and charge it to the home team. If no subsequent timeouts are taken prior to 2:59, it shall be mandatory for the Official Scorer to take it and charge it to the team not previously charged.

https://turnernbahangtime.files.word...-rule-book.pdf

I was wrong, my bad. They did reduce the number of mandatory timeouts, but that's it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2018, 08:34 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
only issue i have with to's are when users spend the entire 60 seconds lol
That’s reasonable. That’s why I like playing you cause you always call timeouts, coach and game plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
If neither team has taken a timeout prior to 6:59 of the period, it shall be mandatory for the Official Scorer to take it at the first dead ball and charge it to the home team. If no subsequent timeouts are taken prior to 2:59, it shall be mandatory for the Official Scorer to take it and charge it to the team not previously charged.

https://turnernbahangtime.files.word...-rule-book.pdf

I was wrong, my bad. They did reduce the number of mandatory timeouts, but that's it.
There it is fellas mandatory in the rule book.

So bottom line is if you’re not calling at least 1 mando timeout then that’s not sim. Because that’s what real teams are required to do by the rule books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
This video game is a SIMULATION of BASKETBALL. Sure its not 100% perfect, but its pretty damn good. You will not get a SIMULATION STYLE BASKETBALL GAME by PLAYING SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT SIMULATION MEANS.

#HelloBrooklyn

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »