Home

Was Prime Shaq a pure athletic finisher or a post scoring athletic finisher? Or did h

This is a discussion on Was Prime Shaq a pure athletic finisher or a post scoring athletic finisher? Or did h within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2018, 11:54 AM   #41
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Was Prime Shaq a pure athletic finisher or a post scoring athletic finisher? Or d

My baby Shaq build was awesome this year. My center is 7' 261 pure athletic. In hindsight i should have made him exactly rookie shaq. 7'1 294. But at the time i thought default weight would help more. I never truly got BULLIED in the post because I'm good at taking away position. I adopted the "tap circle" defense to disengage the offensive player and it helps. They hardly ever seal me off on defense now. On the offensive end I'm a nightmare. Putbacks are very real with me. I purposely hang on the perimeter on offense setting screens and looking to space the floor. This enables me to run free on offense as the defender likes to hang in the paint. This gives us free points as they often will get 3 seconds cuz I'm never in the paint. Usually when i catch the ball wide i have time to shoot or make my defender close the gap to which i will blow by him and dunk on the whole team. Very rarely in a team setting do i NOT score 20plus and have 10 rebounds or more. He's almost a double double waiting to happen.

Pure athletics just have more fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2018, 01:50 PM   #42
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Was Prime Shaq a pure athletic finisher or a post scoring athletic finisher? Or d

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
My baby Shaq build was awesome this year. My center is 7' 261 pure athletic. In hindsight i should have made him exactly rookie shaq. 7'1 294. But at the time i thought default weight would help more. I never truly got BULLIED in the post because I'm good at taking away position. I adopted the "tap circle" defense to disengage the offensive player and it helps. They hardly ever seal me off on defense now. On the offensive end I'm a nightmare. Putbacks are very real with me. I purposely hang on the perimeter on offense setting screens and looking to space the floor. This enables me to run free on offense as the defender likes to hang in the paint. This gives us free points as they often will get 3 seconds cuz I'm never in the paint. Usually when i catch the ball wide i have time to shoot or make my defender close the gap to which i will blow by him and dunk on the whole team. Very rarely in a team setting do i NOT score 20plus and have 10 rebounds or more. He's almost a double double waiting to happen.

Pure athletics just have more fun.
Lol that tap circle on defense helps so much against stronger builds
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-28-2018, 02:44 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I didn't say anybody compared him to Dwight, I said he was never an "athletic finisher" only, that would be Dwight by comparison.
In the context of the 90s, Shaq was an Athletic Finisher.
Players like Dwight Howard did not exist.
The Shawn Kemp's of the world were far and few between.

Quote:
And he could have averaged 5 points per game on 25% shooting for that series and it wouldn't have changed the basis of this argument.
I don't think you understand the correlation of production and ability.

Quote:
Pull his stats from LAL why? He was a better player in LAL, more dominant in LAL, nobody is suggesting he wasn't. Nobody is even still discussing what he did in LAL. I don't even know what you're trying to argue.
He was more dominant in LA because he was a significantly better post player.
He didn't start elite, which visuals & stats support.
You could double Shaq in the 90s. You couldn't even triple him by 2000.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 08-28-2018 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-28-2018, 06:37 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
You could double Shaq in the 90s. You couldn't even triple him by 2000.

Why would they need to double team a player who wasn’t a post scoring threat and could only primarily score on rebounds and dunks?

Quote:
He was more dominant in LA because he was a significantly better post player.
He didn't start elite, which visuals & stats support.
I literally don’t know how to explain this any more simplistically than it’s already been said. Nobody here, myself included, has said that he wasn’t a better player or post scorer in LA than he was in Orlando. Nobody has said he didn’t get better. What player comes into the league from their rookie year to their prime and doesn’t improve? Literally not a single person has said any of that. Nobody would say that about any player, so I don’t know why you keep repeating the same irrelevant info.

I’m simply saying that just because he got better doesn’t mean that when he was in an Orlando uniform that he was nearly as raw as you are making him out to be. Was Lakers Shaq a better post player, absolutely, was Orlando Shaq still a great post scorer, absolutely.

I don’t know why every time we post takes on players between each other on here you try to take the discussion and make it into something it’s not, take things I’ve said and counter them with points that aren’t even relevant to the topic at hand. I don’t even know what you’re really trying to argue at this point, what you’re trying to argue for you don’t even have people arguing against.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2018, 08:33 PM   #45
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Shaq had really great footwork and solid post moves even as a rookie, he was much more than just an athlete, much more well rounded on the block than someone like Dwight Howard was. When I think of a pure athletic finisher I think more along the lines of Dwight, and that was not Shaq by any means. He had the foot work at a young age, hell he had great footwork in college.

Shaq in just his 3rd year in the league was already so dominant that Hakeem couldn't even handle him alone. They would double him even then he was still good for 28ppg on nearly 60% in that finals series. Hakeem had success pulling him from the basket, Shaq wasn't a great defender away from the rim, but that had nothing to do with his ability offensively. He was a monster, even then.

Not many players at 21, 22 years old come into the league and go toe to toe with HOFs like that.. Comparable to LeBron and the way he was playing against guys like Kobe, T-Mac, etc as a 22 year old. Shaq was giving guys like Hakeem, Ewing, Robinson, all they could handle.

If i had to pick my most dominate player ever Shaq and Lebron are 1 and 2

Prime Shaq just couldn’t be stopped

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2018, 08:44 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123

Problem with shaq is that he got bigger so other center like sabonis couldnt move him but that cost him alot on his health cause he could of won more ships.

Lebron is dominant but he takes care of himself. Thats why at 33 almost 34 hes still elite compared to his classmates(Melo,Wade,Bosh)

Sent from my SM-G950W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-29-2018, 11:31 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Why would they need to double team a player who wasn’t a post scoring threat and could only primarily score on rebounds and dunks?
Bruh. You are daft and reading what you want to see.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 08-29-2018, 12:56 PM   #48
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123

Id pick wilt over lebron when it comes to dominance.
Even over shaq.

It took an entire Celtics dynasty to stop him

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »