Home

Would You Play a WNBA Mode If It Were Added To The Game?

This is a discussion on Would You Play a WNBA Mode If It Were Added To The Game? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you play a WNBA mode in NBA 2K?
Yes 35 35.71%
No 63 64.29%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2018, 08:33 PM   #25
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Would You Play a WNBA Mode If It Were Added To The Game?

Hell yeah I would and I would pre-order the most expensive edition just for saying thanks. I wasn't a fan of the WNBA except the Mercury because I live in Arizona, but the last few years I have really followed and watched the games. It would be a great addition especially with a franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 08:54 PM   #26
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

I wouldn't. I'm interested in playing NBA basketball. Not WNBA and not Euroleague, or any other league.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 09-05-2018, 09:10 PM   #27
MVP

I'm cool with the WNBA and all but no way lol. Just no interest.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2018, 09:26 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 3

Im all for including the ladies.. I play WNBA games on #thatothergame from time to time. Franchise mode and all that... Sue Bird, Diana Taurausi and them girls can hoop...
Old 09-05-2018, 09:48 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Kray
I would enjoy playing a franchise with a WNBA team of my choice. Have posted about such in the Live forums. Can’t promise I’d be as delved into it as the NBA side of things, but I’d definitely log some hours in.

I always wondered how wonderfully this could be done with 2K, and how beneficial it could be for both parties. Exposure being the key thing. I still imagine one day the WNBA will have their own game separate from NBA, whether this is represented by 2K or EA.
Exactly, it's a win-win for both groups if they somehow were able to dedicate a team to it or something without sacrificing anything. A WNBA franchise would be refreshing IMO even though I as well would be still playing the NBA modes too.

I think that's why packaging it inside of NBA 2K as a mode would be the best starting point. Maximum exposure as NBA 2K will sell millions of copies regardless. Then if the mode is done well, video game and sports media alike will start to buzz about it and could sway some people who didn't think they'd ever try it, into giving it a shot because it's included anyway.

Maybe include it as a MyCareer option where you can create a male or female player, but if you choose female, you go through a WNBA career and can still challenge at a Co-Ed park if you wanted or play at the Ladies Only park.

Then, ideally, ideally, ideally, WNBA gets it's own game as popularity increases. It's all wishful thinking I know. But any form of WNBA gameplay
Old 09-05-2018, 09:53 PM   #30
Rookie

Rondo To KG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
Look at the number of custom WNBA rosters there are out there, and I think you'll have your answer as far as interest. (Hint: it's not a lot).
To be fair, it was hard enough in NBA 2K18 to make realistic looking NBA players. Can't imagine with the limited face templates that it'd be possible to make realistic looking WNBA players, especially when the faces and body structure are clearly male.

As far as interest, I had way more fun than I was expecting doing WNBA exhibitions in Live last year. If 2K was able to implement the WNBA with current MyLeague features, I could absolutely see myself doing an expansion team on the side.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:31 AM   #31
MVP

jk31's Arena

no. i barely ever touch historic Teams and never Played with the euroleague, because it was so badly included (no real faces, ratings that didnt habe anything to do with their Real counterparts). Dont Know why i should Play with Wnba, which compared to the other Stuff i dont follow at all.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2018, 02:32 AM   #32
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
As a fan of the WNBA, I would absolutely play it and especially with Franchise Mode. Look at the playoff games that happened last night as evidence, the league needs more exposure. I would welcome it and 2K would actually do it justice.

Yeah, Im also a WNBA fan, last night both game 5's were amazing to watch. Now with Tamika Catchings retiring a couple yrs back, and the Fever sucking, I dont watch nearly as much of the WNBA as I use to. But with my Reds sucking, and they arent worth watching, I have been watching these playoffs this yr, and there has been some really good games.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »