Home

Online H2H: Team Selection Restrictions

This is a discussion on Online H2H: Team Selection Restrictions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2018, 01:24 PM   #49
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Online H2H: Team Selection Restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Czar is passing this on apparently - we'll see how far it gets. Seems that they made this impossible to reverse quickly.

So silly
And in case you missed this post. Da Czar pretty much stated why this change was made...
Old 09-10-2018, 02:04 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 7

I also love to play with my Blazers, but if I have to play with a different team to avoid playing against warriors/Cavs/Rockets 99.9% of the time then be it. I’ll have more fun than constantly playing against the same teams
Old 09-10-2018, 02:20 PM   #51
Rookie

I'm totally fine with this feature it creates even more of skill gap for people who know how to play bball as opposed to people who only know how to play with one team

Check out my gaming pages (basically rec highlights)

https://www.tiktok.com/@ghostdenidag...Iqia5BLDy&_r=1

https://youtube.com/@Ghostdenidagawd

6'9 3-level scorer 2k23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2018, 02:42 PM   #52
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
I also love to play with my Blazers, but if I have to play with a different team to avoid playing against warriors/Cavs/Rockets 99.9% of the time then be it. I’ll have more fun than constantly playing against the same teams
I really don't care if I play against a few teams. Last year I actually played quite a variety of teams and rarely if ever played the Warriors. Maybe its because Portland was Tier 2 last year.

Had absolutely no issues with the system last year at all. As of now on 2k19 I just play my career. Refuse to touched play now until this is fixed.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:00 PM   #53
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostf4cekhila1234
I'm totally fine with this feature it creates even more of skill gap for people who know how to play bball as opposed to people who only know how to play with one team
How are people coming to this conclusion about skill gap, because people want to play as one team? Especially considering that some people are playing with "lesser" teams. If I got skills with a lesser team, why would that diminish when I use a different team? Maybe at first, but once I learn that team, then I could be more dangerous especially if I decide to use the best team in that tier.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 09-10-2018 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:46 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
I really don't care if I play against a few teams. Last year I actually played quite a variety of teams and rarely if ever played the Warriors. Maybe its because Portland was Tier 2 last year.

Had absolutely no issues with the system last year at all. As of now on 2k19 I just play my career. Refuse to touched play now until this is fixed.
Well that's just your opinion, nothing needs to be "fixed", this isn't a glitch or a design flaw, they made it this way on purpose so people don't pick the same teams over and over again . I prefer it this way 100 times, there's going to be much more variety and the game mode won't get stale after a month
Old 09-10-2018, 04:52 PM   #55
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Well that's just your opinion, nothing needs to be "fixed", this isn't a glitch or a design flaw, they made it this way on purpose so people don't pick the same teams over and over again . I prefer it this way 100 times, there's going to be much more variety and the game mode won't get stale after a month
Well enjoy a much less populated mode as a result. I refuse to play if I can't play with my current Blazers on a recurrent basis.

This just drives individuals to my career (possibly the goal) and effectively kills the mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2018, 05:41 PM   #56
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
In theory, it really doesn't. People are still going to pick the top team as it has been stated before. Instead of picking the overall top team(s), they'll just pick the top team within each tier. Do you know how they could have REALLY fixed the "problem"? They could have fixed the feature that allowed players to search outside of their tier which they advertised since 2K16?. It was that easy. Heck, they could have added a feature to exclude certain teams from the matchmaking search. This was a typical heavy-handed approach by 2K Sports...for a problem that didn't exist.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »