Home

ProAm/JRC/Park Patch Thread

This is a discussion on ProAm/JRC/Park Patch Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2018, 08:32 AM   #73
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ProAm/JRC/Park Patch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP Floppy
Yeah the shooting is so bad and overpowered, I was under the impression they toned down limitless and made shooting more difficult, nope, not even in the slightest bit. I'm never going to trust another thing these developers say leading up to the game launch. I think the shooting is even more overpowered this year thanks to the takeover being so easy to get too.
It definitely is and then you miss open layups on the fastbreak....

Wysłane z mojego Redmi 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:59 AM   #74
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullspeed
Played my first pro-am game today. The game mode is very unbalanced. Shooting is too easy it seems like the difficulty is on pro. Steals are out of control. In the first half our team already had 17 steals. Bigs getting stripped left and right. At the moment the game mode is very arcadey comparing to last year. Overall, the mode plays like park in a 5vs5 setting.
Sample size = 1 game.

Recommended changes = 2

Come on people.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:31 AM   #75
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
Regarding 3's, the system has been broken for years where people expect "I'm open and a sharpshooter, therefore I should make 100% of my shots", which is a result of the broken arcade mentality that's infected the game.

It should be on a curve where AT THE HIGHEST level of sharpshooters should only be guaranteed to make their shots 60% of the time or something (which is better than anyone's ever shot in NBA history still), then be on a curve down from there.
Even if you had perfect timing last year, you could only green around 66% of your open threes (though badge boosts and on-fire boosts could raise that number).

If you have perfect timing this year, you can literally green 100% of your open threes once your three pointer is above a certain ratings threshold, which is dependent on your jump shot base.

So that is why shooting is much more accurate this year. People have already found the jump shots with the lowest ratings thresholds for greens, and are creating players who can achieve that rating without needing badge boosts/on-fire boosts.

The timing window to green threes has gone down to 8 ms this year compared to about 30 ms last year, but that hasn't seemed to matter much, when it comes to highly rated three point shooters.

Last edited by jyoung; 09-17-2018 at 11:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2018, 11:42 AM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaTO
Sample size = 1 game.

Recommended changes = 2

Come on people.
I’m pointing out things I noticed. I played 4 games after this and the results was similar. The mode is chaotic due to lack of penalty when attempting a steal. Shooting sliders are either too high or the difficulty is too low. If I want to see everyone shooting 70%-80% I play the park. My Pf have 49 midrange and he was greening majority of it. Right now shooting feel like 2k17 at the beginning of the year when everyone was making everything.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:03 PM   #77
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

I been gone, mostly just playing the game lol but..my takeaways are mostly the same.

IF you put in the time, a pure sharp is absolutely OP. Full disclaimer I made one..just to test, and yes, it's almost unfair.

I only have silver catch and shoot, limitless, and bronze deadeye...a 93 rated 3 tho, and I'm hitting like 60, 70 % of my threes. I don't even wanna think if this was my main build and these badges were gold or even hof.

Plus takeover? Nah, that's insane. Pull from half court and green, fading threes in someone's face ..

Tone it down.

Secondly, the steals. Okay, they're not as bad as when the game started, but they're still bad in my opinion. You learn to pass more, when to pass before the steal spam starts, when not to pass, and how to protect the ball. In a sense it makes you a better player..but at the same time I don't believe it's just balanced right.

My last issue I've been noticing is the screens. Now I'd like input on this one.

Is it a problem to you all as well? Mainly in park, because you have less people on the court therefore less help on defense, but I feel like the screen spamming is back as well.

Lots of screens where my player is being held and almost dragged away out of the play itself...where it's practically impossible to regain control on the play defensively.

Is it because my guys only 180? Or is it happening to heavier guys also?

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

-Allen Iverson
Old 09-17-2018, 12:10 PM   #78
MVP

ph33's Arena

Pure sharps are definitely as OP as ever. My teammate finally got his badges and uh......................yeah

games with 8-10 threes are a regular occurrence, and many of those makes are contested. A lot of it is that he shoots so quickly that his opponent doesn't have time to get a hand up, and while I do believe in needing a hand up, it almost seems too......unfair
Old 09-17-2018, 12:18 PM   #79
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Pure sharps are definitely as OP as ever. My teammate finally got his badges and uh......................yeah

games with 8-10 threes are a regular occurrence, and many of those makes are contested. A lot of it is that he shoots so quickly that his opponent doesn't have time to get a hand up, and while I do believe in needing a hand up, it almost seems too......unfair
Yes that's what I noticed too..

It don't seem to matter about contests, if the defender isn't there once the shot animation begins it doesn't seem to change anything.

-Allen Iverson
Old 09-17-2018, 12:25 PM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Yes that's what I noticed too..

It don't seem to matter about contests, if the defender isn't there once the shot animation begins it doesn't seem to change anything.

pure sharp
small guard
quick shot

is all u need to drop 40.

these dudes dont even need screens anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »