Home

Official MyPlayer/MyCareer Thread

This is a discussion on Official MyPlayer/MyCareer Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2018, 11:35 AM   #217
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Official MyPlayer/MyCareer Thread

Czar just made a video about HOF this year is NOT the same as HOF last year. It's a whole different beast

He basically said control your pride. HOF this year is harder this year and no need to play on it just to say you play on it. Go down a skill level then

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2018, 11:47 AM   #218
Rookie

StickSkillz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve
Czar just made a video about HOF this year is NOT the same as HOF last year. It's a whole different beast

He basically said control your pride. HOF this year is harder this year and no need to play on it just to say you play on it. Go down a skill level then

Completely understand that as I saw the video... My issue isn't with my skill, as I've gone at least 4 games out of my 1st 15 w/o scoring

My issue is how dumb/terrible my teammates are & how lights out the CPU is on offense & defense. Plays that would be called a foul in other modes get looked past in career mode.

CPU also doesn't even put their hands up to contest like they do in other modes, to me it's obvious the difference between how your teammates play in MyCareer compared to other modes.

2014 season
(10-6) NFC EAST CHAMPS

2015 season
(1-1)

Last edited by StickSkillz; 09-22-2018 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:32 PM   #219
Rookie

ClipsFanSince98's Arena

After a couple years of terribly corny stories they FINALLY made an interesting, albeit somewhat cliche story. I found myself attached to 'AI' just wish you could choose a nickname. That wouldn't be hard to code.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:52 PM   #220
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClipsFanSince98
After a couple years of terribly corny stories they FINALLY made an interesting, albeit somewhat cliche story. I found myself attached to 'AI' just wish you could choose a nickname. That wouldn't be hard to code.
You can. I dont think they'll say the new nickname in the story, but they do during the games

It would've been nice to choose the nickname at the very beginning. Not a nickname that's already a nickname of a previous player either

Old 09-22-2018, 07:15 PM   #221
MVP

cquigley's Arena

Has anyone requested a trade yet? I'm not starter yet. Is there a chance I can get traded and become a starter there? I'm only at 10 games into the season but the Bulls are 100% interested and the Lakers are just not the best spot for me as a SG considering Harris is a 92 and I'm an 87.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2018, 10:11 PM   #222
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClipsFanSince98
Story was funny and good but jeez am I the only one who thought my player was a wimp always crying. Like I lost it when he did his little corny monologue to Marcus Young calling him a snake and Marcus is just sitting there like cool story bro like I really dont care.

Also they dont seem to know what they want to do when it comes to a love story. We meet the girl, smash, and then break up like pick a route.

The Mad Antz coach was my favorite
Old 09-22-2018, 11:29 PM   #223
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquigley
Has anyone requested a trade yet? I'm not starter yet. Is there a chance I can get traded and become a starter there? I'm only at 10 games into the season but the Bulls are 100% interested and the Lakers are just not the best spot for me as a SG considering Harris is a 92 and I'm an 87.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I've done it and you have to be a starter already if you wanna start when you get traded
Old 09-23-2018, 01:55 AM   #224
Rookie

lilmikey201's Arena

The story was really good. Wish there were more too it tho. We don't even get a proper ending when we have to face Marcus young

Another thing. They sub you out at the wrong times! I'm in the playoffs we're down by 2 vs warriors with 2 mins left and they sub me out. We lost by almost 10!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »