Home

Offline users, has your experience with patching been positive or negative?

This is a discussion on Offline users, has your experience with patching been positive or negative? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2018, 10:57 PM   #1
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1
Offline users, has your experience with patching been positive or negative?

Aside from the early day 1 style patches (which are necessary), have any of you found the patching to make the game less fun and more frustrating?

It seems like a lot of the late patches are there to compensate for online cheesing, which affects offline users who don't play online. I.e. i can recall in years past the patching make the game feel like it was more "in mud". It has ruined the game for me in the past.

I'm considering disconnecting my PS4 from the internet after about a month or 2 so that i don't have to be forced to update the game, but i'm on the fence. Has anybody done this before? What has been your experience? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2018, 11:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Offline users, has your experience with patching been positive or negative?

To be honest i had pretty much zero complaints with 2k18 after launch.

I really had a lot of fun with it. And I felt like I had my most realistic sim basketball experience throughout the cycle. I actually didn’t notice any gameplay changes.

Slider adjustment was minimal at launch and I never had to touch them again.

Now... 2k15 I remember a patch that made jumpshooting so easy it was crazy. I was a causal player then tho.

2k17 I had to adjust my sliders all the time and it was a pain due to all the shooting patches and stuff.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:32 AM   #3
Rookie

michdb8's Arena

OVR: 0

I have my pc on offline to avoid that but did NBA 2k had an update today? any release notes
Old 09-12-2018, 04:47 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Thank you for making this thread brother.

I have been stressing this point here and there a few times, sorry for being repetitive but I find it necessary to continue raising out, don't fkk up the game if it is going fine, it doesn't need to be perfect, no game is perfect in this world, as long as you are getting MOST of the ppl buying into the gameplay, enjoying and writing positive stuff about it, don't do anything. You take note of the complains and work on those stuff for NEXT YEAR's game, you have a year to play around and see if fix this and that would affect what other areas, so simple!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »