Home

Luka Doncic is 6'6 in 2k?

This is a discussion on Luka Doncic is 6'6 in 2k? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2018, 09:40 AM   #25
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

OVR: 0
Luka Doncic is 6'6 in 2k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Their scanning them.... What do you think their doing? lol

What are you talking about ? This how nothing to do with what I’m suggesting , they can still have KD listed as 6’9 in the game but change his build physical to 6’11 to have him the same height as Giannis who is noticeably bigger on court on the game. It’s very off putting when certain players like Kevin love is taller and Beasley and PG are the same height as Kevin Durant . Offline we can do it ourselves but for online we can’t

Last edited by MoneyOvaHuds; 09-13-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2018, 09:42 AM   #26
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Re: Luka Doncic is 6'6 in 2k?

Live cover boy for this game in their game is 7’2 but 7’0 on 2k . I think they even made KD bigger because there is no chance in game Kevin Love should be an inch taller than him
Old 09-13-2018, 10:04 AM   #27
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Like I perfectly understand going by . Com but some players like superstars as KD and Embiid should be outliers. Just make them taller and overdo the coddling to have the listed height say the . Com height and bam problem solved. I know it’s possible in a patch. , either lock the listed height and height changing for that said player or just keep as were the user edits it the height changing goes back to normal.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:15 AM   #28
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

“At 6’8 with guard skills”

https://youtu.be/Psk7prMEHGw
Old 09-13-2018, 10:25 AM   #29
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Some recent comments by Dirk about Luka on a podcast:

"Yeah, he's been here now for a week. He's scrimmaged every day and works hard. I really like what I’m seeing. He’s incredible with the ball for a big guy — I mean, he’s a legit 6-8, 6-9. He handles the ball. He even like, when somebody scores, he runs back, gets the ball, and literally brings the ball up like a point guard."

https://www.mavs.com/dirk-talks-luka...with-ben-skin/
Old 09-13-2018, 12:01 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 14

Dwight Howard is actually like 6'9" in real life.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:16 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 6

This is NBA's fault as much as 2K.

There is no standardized measurement for players and their not remeasured. KD has his height listed 6'9" which is laughable, PG13 didn't have his height updated for a while and the shoe measurements are kind of ridiculous sometimes.

The in-shoe measurements are usually the player's height without shoes plus 1" to 1.5" inches then round up. So for instance, Love leaves his claim that he's 6'10" despite only being 6’'7 3/4" without shoes. One I never understood is Michael Beasley was measured at 6'7" without shoes 6'8 1/4" with shoes and is listed 6'10". (all measurements from DraftExpress)

The in-shoe and without-shoe measurements confuse people a lot. You see a lot of people saying, "{Insert player} is only 6 foot 7!" However, without the with/without shoes context it's kind of meaningless. A 6'7" without shoes is normally 6'9" by how with-shoes works.

To make it more confusing, players that come from EuroLeague tend to just keep the measurements from Europe that were without shoes. Thus often times the EuroLeague players in the NBA have the opposite problem of American players.

When you go There are a lot of players whose heights don't seem right and sometimes I find it difficult to sort fact from fiction. For example many believe Embiid is 7'2", he's announced at 76er games as 7'2", but NBA lists him as 7'. Embiid was supposedly measured as 7'2" by the 76ers (via Fox Sports). Some say the measurement was taken in sandals, maybe he could be taller!? But wait... The 76ers have a monetary interest in saying he's 7'2". You can almost hear the 76ers selling it, "OMG!? Did you hear Embiid is a 7'2" beast! Buy your tickets at https://www.nba.com/sixers/tickets!!!!" Nonetheless, he definitely looks bigger than 7', so I've just settled on 7'1" in my personal roster.

It's all pretty silly. Yea, obviously 2K is in a unique position of having more access and resources than us, so it seems like they should be able to find a way to resolve this issue. That being said, the NBA's lack of standard measurements are as much the problem as 2K.

@iTofutastic
PSN: iTofutastic

Last edited by iTofu; 09-13-2018 at 12:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2018, 07:01 PM   #32
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

https://twitter.com/nba/status/983564439319384064?s=21

6’10 on 2k

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »