Home

Playart "Old" Style

This is a discussion on Playart "Old" Style within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2018, 10:09 AM   #9
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Playart "Old" Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Can anybody tell me how to get the "old" playart style back? I mean, what 2k had ingame in the last years was exactly how you would draw up a play on a coaching board. Same use of arrows and signs. Now in 2k19 2k did invent something new which just looks totally confusing. I used Full Playart and only thing I got was these strange blinking and diferrent colored lines...

New playart is pretty bad and ugly imo. Sorry to say. They went overboard with it and it makes the whole thing looks ridiculous especially with that big orange ball over the guy you're supposed to pass the ball to. No need to go full ubisoft with the hud 2K.

Usually I just use a free lance and a couple of plays wich I learn and turn it off but when I use different teams I like to use the playart.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:02 AM   #10
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah this looks bad. 2K always tries to go overboard with this stuff. We just need some simple lines and a pass indicator lol. These blinking arrows and flashing circles are too much.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:13 AM   #11
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Yeah this looks bad. 2K always tries to go overboard with this stuff. We just need some simple lines and a pass indicator lol. These blinking arrows and flashing circles are too much.

I guess their idea was to make running plays more fun, attractive and more video gamish in an attempt to get more people to run plays. Maybe it helps in that area. But not my cup of tea definately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 11:50 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Was my first big turn off when starting a game. It's absolutely atrocious and unnecessary. Hopefully more users feel as we do and it's something that can be patched in.
Acts 2:38- Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:32 PM   #13
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Good thread. I'm not a fan of the new play art at all. It was perfect before, I'd love to get that option back.

And somewhat related, I'd also like an option to change the color of the indicator ring under players. The white works, but I'm still trying to get my passing together and it would be helpful.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:37 PM   #14
Rookie

Couldn't agree more with this thread. The play art is so difficult to see and much more confusing. Would love an option to revert to 2k18 style.

I generally play with every team and don't know all the playbooks by heart. Have no idea how this got past play testing without feedback.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:42 PM   #15
MVP

I love the play art, and if you want to see your plays, dpad up and go to coach settings and put user plays to all plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 07:03 PM   #16
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

I had been using the old full playvision in these games for a long time now, dont know why they would change something like this, and not have at least an option to still use the previous one. They seem to do that alot with these games, add in new features, and just take away the old ones, just leave it in the game and give the users options for goodness sakes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »