Home

Why do tall guys not jump for rebounds?

This is a discussion on Why do tall guys not jump for rebounds? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2018, 08:24 PM   #1
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Why do tall guys not jump for rebounds?

Rudy goebert had 8 rebounds where a guy begind me rebounded the ball when I was boxing him out. This kept happening because he would not jump for a rebound to Save his life. He just kept sticking his hands up trying to grab it. Is this just a faulty design decision by 2k, or am I doing something wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2018, 09:23 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Why do tall guys not jump for rebounds?

The timing window for rebounding is a little different this year, I think to help prevent problems online. If you time the jump button wrong the other guy has at least a chance at the board, even if you boxed him out.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:04 PM   #3
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Don't depend on ur AI to do stuff unless you really have to. With rebounding, as soon as the ball goes in the air I icon switch to the nearest guy to the rim right away to attempt a rebound myself. Before I had experiences just like your talking about where sometimes my AI player would just go "dumb" and not even jump for a rebound sometimes.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:21 PM   #4
MVP

How can I best explain this?

When the ball comes into the air off the rim or backboard, if you don't press a button at all or badly time the button press your player will not actively make an effort to go for the ball.

Now, if the ball happens to bounce into your general area(arm's length) and you don't press any buttons , your player will make an effort to catch it automatically, but in a very passive fashion.If any other player also in the area is making a more active effort for the ball (i.e. correctly timing the button for a jump or dive) the game will almost certainly give them ball over a player just letting the AI auto catch the ball for them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »