Home

Limited Camera Selections

This is a discussion on Limited Camera Selections within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2018, 11:10 AM   #1
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0
Limited Camera Selections

Can someone please explain to me why camera angles are locked behind modes AGAIN? This still makes no sense. It makes online modes almost non playable for me.

With my vision issues and the way I feel most comfortable in the control scheme, "Drive" is the perfect camera angle for me. It's always right on the players's back so Absolute pro-stick orientation is more intuitive and the zoom is close enough for me to accurately time the shot meter. It's so vital to me accept it's limitations, like not being able to see the perimeter from the post.

In prior years I've just stuck with 2K cam online pretty zoomed in, but this year the shot meter is incredibly important. Being a fraction of a second off is the difference between a swish and an airball and I had to train myself on it. I was honestly terrible. I went from retrying the same 3 Fantasy Domination games dozens of times in a row to beating every opponent easily and now breezing my way through All-Time Domination solely because Drive camera angle allows me to see the shot meter clearly. In most other options it's just not visible enough for me to accurately time it.

It's also incredibly hard to cut off the baseline in any other camera mode for me because the angle you view the court at doesn't accurately show baseline angles which leads to wide open layups that I thought would be sent back into the stands. It's super frustrating to think you're playing perfect D but the ball handler slips that stupid underhand hook right past your face because there's a 3 inch window of space he found behind my ear.

Not sure how it affects other arch's, but Playing as a Pure Post in Park is even worse. Do you know how hard it is to accurately time those shots with no "Key Zoom" enabled or no option to zoom in on the meter? Post scoring also relies on getting the defender off balance, a lot of subtle movements that get the defense slightly out of place. I can't even see my defenders limbs clearly to even know if I've gotten myself open

I know I may be in the minority, hell I may be the only one, but it sucks not being able to fully enjoy this game due to weird limitations. What even is the point of not allowing certain camera angles per mode. There's no advantage to be gained if everybody has access to it. Is it a technical limitation?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »