Home

NBA 2K19 TRIANGLE System

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 TRIANGLE System within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2019, 10:54 AM   #49
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K19 TRIANGLE System

Hi Guys,

I did this list around January, and totally forgot to post it here. It's not updated with all the trades and ratings changes since, but I'm sure you can check it out yourselves if interested. I have done some research into the best teams to run Triangle with also based on personnel. I'll try and post that here too.

It's pretty difficult to get a good realistic team to run it in this game, can only really get to 4 stars. Coaches Triangle rating cap this, so you would need to edit the coach of your team to get a good Triangle Proficency.

Old 03-24-2019, 10:58 AM   #50
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19

Best Teams to run Triangle with as of January 2019.

Old 04-14-2019, 08:03 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 8

For those of you building teams in MyGM/League, there are specific ratings that dictate whether a player will rate high in the Triangle. Keep this in mind when trying to trade for players. Again, they vary per position but some key ones are Shot IQ and both Consistency ratings for all players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2019, 08:05 PM   #52
MVP

NBA 2K19 TRIANGLE System

This was CUT 43 TRI in 2k15 and 2K16. Definitely a good counter. I’ve been using 90’ CUT 42 Alley since this play was removed. On HOF it’s getting harder to run the offense the whole game without these counters. There are more pnr, cutter, mid, and 3pt plays from 2k16 that would make things more authentic and smoother.

EDIT: The GIF cuts out early so ICYMI Fisher is in the corner and would typically use the down screen (the rebound screen cut) to pop up to the wing. Instead he fakes and sets up his man and cuts to the rim for the layup.

Last edited by taildog; 04-22-2019 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:48 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0

Anyone recommend a playbook to run on 2k19. I have a center who can score on all 3 levels as a 7 footer, a SG who is basically a MJ in 85 clone, a SF who is a superior post scorer, a PG who is a distributor and a PF who is an active rebounder and jumpshot shooter. I am currently running the freestyle playbook but it seems to not have a bunch of plays. Also what would be your offensive preferences?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2019, 06:02 AM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76
Anyone recommend a playbook to run on 2k19. I have a center who can score on all 3 levels as a 7 footer, a SG who is basically a MJ in 85 clone, a SF who is a superior post scorer, a PG who is a distributor and a PF who is an active rebounder and jumpshot shooter. I am currently running the freestyle playbook but it seems to not have a bunch of plays. Also what would be your offensive preferences?

You came to the Triangle thread to ask what system you should run?
Old 04-22-2019, 09:41 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by taildog
You came to the Triangle thread to ask what system you should run?
No I run a triangle system. I asked about what playbook. I feel like none of the teams or classic teams have a good playbook. I was wondering what others were running.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2019, 09:46 AM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76
No I run a triangle system. I asked about what playbook. I feel like none of the teams or classic teams have a good playbook. I was wondering what others were running.

I use the 01 Lakers Playbook but add more offscreen and pick n roll plays. I don’t use more that 4 low/high post plays unless I have a dominant big then I’ll use 8.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »