Home

NBA 2K19 TRIANGLE System

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 TRIANGLE System within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2018, 12:54 AM   #33
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K19 TRIANGLE System

Quote:
Originally Posted by taildog
RIP Tex

RIP Tex Winter
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...winter-dies-96

I ... I was just scouting for some videos on youtube last night. oh man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by JoFri; 10-11-2018 at 12:57 AM.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:08 AM   #34
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA 2K19 TRIANGLE System

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
RIP Tex Winter
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...winter-dies-96

I ... I was just scouting for some videos on youtube last night. oh man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That man lived an amazing life. It was an honor to watch his system.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:03 PM   #35
Rookie

jgreengutta's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by taildog
https://youtu.be/AD26m6LPXxw

CUT 31 UCLA TRI live and in action. They’ve run it a couple of times this was the best lob pass yet. I would recommend running to start quarters or after timeouts. They used to call this for MJ, Pip, Kobe, Odom and Shannon Brown especially.
Yep seen the same play last night lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2018, 04:19 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 8

Does anyone still have a copy of 2k11? Need some play art for 91 Bulls 12 Dub Post, 91 Bulls 12 Dub Post 2, and 91 Bulls 24 Swing Post. The first 2 are from the guard dribble series and the other I think should be used to help break the zone since its ran out of a 1-3-1 set if I recall correctly.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:44 AM   #37
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19

Guys just looking for some advice here. Have been looking to set up a myleague team to run the triangle. I have experimented in 2K19 with different players fits. I have drafted an expansion team for this season. So I set the team system to triangle and have hired Brian Shaw as Head Coach, and set his Triangle proficiency to 100. Players I have tried using so far, Isiah Thomas as PG, JR Smith as SG, Robin Lopez or Jonas Valanciunas as Center. Markieff Morris as PF. All of those seem to be good fits. Trevor Ariza as SF doesn't really fit. I was thinking of somebody like Andrew Wiggins as SF as a trade target.

What players do you all use for running the Triangle? Obviosly DeRozan would be an elite SG for the system, and Kawhi as SF, but I am looking at more realistic trade targets for people to build their own Triangle roster.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:43 AM   #38
MVP

NBA 2K19 TRIANGLE System

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaboh
Guys just looking for some advice here. Have been looking to set up a myleague team to run the triangle. I have experimented in 2K19 with different players fits. I have drafted an expansion team for this season. So I set the team system to triangle and have hired Brian Shaw as Head Coach, and set his Triangle proficiency to 100. Players I have tried using so far, Isiah Thomas as PG, JR Smith as SG, Robin Lopez or Jonas Valanciunas as Center. Markieff Morris as PF. All of those seem to be good fits. Trevor Ariza as SF doesn't really fit. I was thinking of somebody like Andrew Wiggins as SF as a trade target.

What players do you all use for running the Triangle? Obviosly DeRozan would be an elite SG for the system, and Kawhi as SF, but I am looking at more realistic trade targets for people to build their own Triangle roster.

How did you hire Shaw? I didn’t see him on the last roster. Only way I was able to add him was by importing his DNA to a HOF player that was retiring (or add a HOF player and jack his age up so he would retire) and hired him two seasons in.

Last edited by taildog; 11-04-2018 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:54 AM   #39
MVP

Since the ratings we think would impact a players Triangle Proficiency are far from accurate I’ve been doing some experiments. Doesn’t really seem like tendencies matter too in obtaining a 5-star rating. Each position values different attributes in getting to 5 stars.

Weird find is that players with very high defensive consistency are highly rated. I took Steve Kerr and fooled around with his ratings and got him up to 5 stars with only a 73 overall rating up from a 3 star rating. I was inspired by players like Pat Beverly and Delle having 4.5 star ratings. Shot and Pass IQ are also important.

Long story short play around and focus your training on the areas that boost the players system proficiency star rating. You’ll get more favorable sim results (assuming you adjust your POE for each opponent) and in-game attributes boosts.
Old 11-04-2018, 12:06 PM   #40
MVP

You can also start a myLeague controlling all 30 teams, cut each player, and see what ratings each player would have in the Triangle in the free agent screen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »