Home

The double teaming is the worst thing for inside centers this year.

This is a discussion on The double teaming is the worst thing for inside centers this year. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2018, 09:17 AM   #17
VFL

LeBlonde James's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The double teaming is the worst thing for inside centers this year.

Playing on HoF I get double teamed first possession to last lol Shot Creating/Slasher. It's annoying but I still get 60-70k my points per game...if I was wanting to have a more sim experience this would kill it for me. It's not fun.

I think it's bugged somewhat. When I get a around 26-28 points the A.I. will stop double teaming me, Then I reach 35 and they'll start back.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2018, 02:41 PM   #18
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
This is one of my biggest pet peeves with 2K. Unless you're a PG, you can't call even a simple isolation on a blatant mismatch, and your teammates will run their defenders right next to you, making it impossible to take advantage.

It's the worst when posting up and the AI decides to call a play, and your CPU teammate who is supposed to have the ball to start the play will literally stand next to you until you pass it.
Dont know if you've seen stuff like this
https://streamable.com/hilan
Double team down low on smits, why is the good perimeter shooter, going near the paint to be guarded by the good paint defender, and why is the good paint finisher (Jermaine O'neal) standing at the perimeter where hes not good?
https://streamable.com/gkhus
I dont get this at all, Mark Jackson decides to run to 3 defenders rather than staying open on the perimeter and to top it off, the cpu Mark Jackson just stands there in the crowd as if he thinks hes open and i do some sort of hand off because he doesn't move, its so damn ugly and is such damn poor coding for the user's cpu offense awareness, also notice AGAIN, Jermaine Oneal standing at the 3 point line

These are just a couple clips i have of why i have almost zero intentions or desire of playing this game or the newer games, if this is how their going to program it, but then make sure you can dribble flashy and swish 3 pointers, then im done.
Old 10-27-2018, 05:02 PM   #19
Banned

Housh123's Arena

It sucked last year on HOF as well. It was a main reason i didn’t play NBA games too much. It was boring on any difficulty but HOF but was unplayable after you hit about 20 points because of the unrealistic doubles by the CPU. They was ripping you during pass animations consistently. It just wasn’t fair. I see the double coming and make the right pass but still get a turnover because the CPU can cheese you

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-29-2018, 10:24 AM   #20
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Double teaming? I just got triple teamed multiple times on my postscorer with the second opponent coming from the other side of the floor sometimes. No basketball logic behind this, its purely to annoy mycareer grinders...
Old 11-02-2018, 06:59 AM   #21
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Apparently it's not just post players that suffer from this issue. I played a game last night with my playmaking PG (Playmaker primary, shot creating secondary). I only had 7 points, but already 15 assists, and they started doubling me.

The AI in My Career is atrocious. And the worst part is that they counter awful AI by making them psychic and have unrealistically fast reaction speeds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2018, 09:01 PM   #22
Rookie

Congrats to 2k for making MyCareer stressful and not fun to play because of the double teaming.... especially for inside centers.

With the double teaming and the constant reaching in from the AI, which mostly result in them stealing the ball from you..... career is literally unplayable.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:15 AM   #23
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Yeah, on my PF the general gameplay is atrociously bad. I get double teamed from the first possession and triple teamed if there are more defenders close to me. 90% of the double teams are without any context and make absolutely no sense.

The cpu defense (including my teammates in mycareer) is waaayy too aggressive. Sometimes it feels like a hack&slay fest. 95% of the reach ins would never even be attempted in reality.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »