Home

Do you wish NBA 2K in the future would play more like it did on the older systems?

This is a discussion on Do you wish NBA 2K in the future would play more like it did on the older systems? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2019, 04:19 PM   #1
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Do you wish NBA 2K in the future would play more like it did on the older systems?

I'm a fan of nearly all the NBA 2k games, we all have our favorites. But I will say I still feel for fun, I had more fun on the older ones from the PS3 and 360 days. For me, those were the Glory days!

While the game today might be more in depth and has more things you can do on the court or what not, but sometimes I just want that old feel back from 2K. It just has more personality/spirit, I can't really put my finger on it, but I simply don't feel the games they made recently were as fun or exciting to play as the 2k11-15 which I thought were the Glory days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2019, 09:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Do you wish NBA 2K in the future would play more like it did on the older systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I'm a fan of nearly all the NBA 2k games, we all have our favorites. But I will say I still feel for fun, I had more fun on the older ones from the PS3 and 360 days. For me, those were the Glory days!

While the game today might be more in depth and has more things you can do on the court or what not, but sometimes I just want that old feel back from 2K. It just has more personality/spirit, I can't really put my finger on it, but I simply don't feel the games they made recently were as fun or exciting to play as the 2k11-15 which I thought were the Glory days.
NBA 2k1 on the Sega Dreamcast was one of the best games in the series.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:32 AM   #3
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Do you wish NBA 2K in the future would play more like it did on the older systems

I liked that the defense was turned up in 2k19 and that blow by's weren't so easy but at times I still felt like the defense was overbearing. I guess my biggest issue is that I didn't feel like the user had the same defensive capabilities as the CPU regardless of what kind of stick skills they had. I still had a blast with 2k19 and loved how you had to play "smarter" but one thing I'd like to see is just more of a chance to hit a shot while being guarded. It's very rare to knock down an outside shot with a man on you in 2k19, more rare than it should be.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:49 PM   #4
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
I liked that the defense was turned up in 2k19 and that blow by's weren't so easy but at times I still felt like the defense was overbearing. I guess my biggest issue is that I didn't feel like the user had the same defensive capabilities as the CPU regardless of what kind of stick skills they had. I still had a blast with 2k19 and loved how you had to play "smarter" but one thing I'd like to see is just more of a chance to hit a shot while being guarded. It's very rare to knock down an outside shot with a man on you in 2k19, more rare than it should be.
I prefer 18 over 19. And the blow by thing always seems to be an issue for those who prefer 18 which I did. 18 was more like the old 2k games,. Offense was the highlight of those games , perhaps slightly lacking defensively,. But imo more fun to play than 19. Specially vs CPU and playing friends is a blast too

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2019, 03:18 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
You could hit contested shots before the recent shot contest buff lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2019, 01:39 AM   #6
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0

I wish ...
2K20 can play more like modern nba irl averaging 35 three-attempts as a team. Right now I can only achieve that through player attributes modification.
2K20 can use more realistic shooting form and gesture for eg. Lopez shooting like Lopez and not free throw 3 for the bigs or free throw 2 for the wings. I enjoyed most with 2K16's MJ despite of the ugly appearance.
2K20 can get rid of illegal screen. I played with more confidence in 2K17 PNR plays.
I think 2K16 has the best foot planting feel out of the box. 2K17 can be achieved through custom sliders.
2K20 can continue with the oustanding work done on new playbooks and allow user to allocate the series and freelance plays to the cpu teams in myleague.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2019, 06:27 AM   #7
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

So......you want to run around and dunk like a child all game?

That is all I get from wanting to go back.

Hell no. Game has evolved so much for me to want to go back
Old 06-20-2019, 02:56 PM   #8
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
So......you want to run around and dunk like a child all game?

That is all I get from wanting to go back.

Hell no. Game has evolved so much for me to want to go back
18 is focused more on offense but still defensively is capable. I just feel too much realism doesn't equal to fun factor

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »