Home

High School in Mycareer 2K20?

This is a discussion on High School in Mycareer 2K20? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2019, 01:03 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: High School in Mycareer 2K20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaballer34
I live in VA (30 mins from Churchland High) and Churchland is the home of the P.I.T. (Portsmouth Invitational Tournament). Some of the best college seniors in the country play games in front of NBA scouts and GMs. I’m willing to bet 2k is putting the P.I.T in as a way to build your stock up for the draft.
This is what the Prelude is probably going to be. A bunch of cutscenes and the P.I.T.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:24 AM   #18
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

2K16 and 17s MyCareer were the best and most realistic to me. I'm all for more of that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-21-2019, 01:43 AM   #19
MVP

zello144's Arena

I want MyPlayer to skip college and go overseas. He's not going to help the greedy NCAA make money off him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
2K16 and 17s MyCareer were the best and most realistic to me. I'm all for more of that.

I hated 2k16 because it simmed the majority our Rookie year.

Last edited by zello144; 07-21-2019 at 03:31 AM.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:45 AM   #20
Rookie

jhartman01's Arena

OVR: 3

#tRuckerPark is a play on their mascot, the Truckers. So instead of Rucker Park they put tRucker Park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg811
I was unfamiliar with the high school and then also the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament so I looked it up.
https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/04/...nvitational/2/
It seems this is a tournament held before the draft for college seniors that aren’t highly ranked to try to increase their draft stock, played at Churchman High School.
So it doesn’t seem that their will be high school, but possibly college. I’d be ok with playing the NCAA Tournament as a senior, until you win the National Championship or lose, and then playing in this Invitational.
That would be a good prelude, but most likely you’ll play the National Championship game and then the Invitational or worse yet just the Invitational.
However, what was the #tRuckerPark?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-21-2019, 01:42 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe

I agree. Only undrafted story I liked was 2k15. Only thing was that some of the NBA players were terrible voice actors. Al Jefferson, Waiters, Marcus Morris come to mind.
I always preferred the HS/College -> Draft -> NBA route. I didn't mind being able to pick my starting team. But I want the realistic experience of not having choice. I feel with that experience it gives you something more to play for and look forward to playing a 2nd or 3rd season of MyCareer. If you get drafted by a non-ideal team, then you just focus on developing player and badhes. Then once your contract is up, you sign with your ideal team.
My ideal MyCareer mode would be a mixture of 2k17(with HS ball) and last gen 2k. Where give me 8-10 combined 8-10 combined HS & College games->Pre-Draft Interviews-> Draft-> Summer League-> NBA. That gives the mode a lot of depth and plenty of time to develop your player before you play a NBA game. Just would need added depth once you get to NBA past year 1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2019, 08:56 AM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaballer34
I live in VA (30 mins from Churchland High) and Churchland is the home of the P.I.T. (Portsmouth Invitational Tournament). Some of the best college seniors in the country play games in front of NBA scouts and GMs. I’m willing to bet 2k is putting the P.I.T in as a way to build your stock up for the draft.
Word. I'm another VA native (Richmond to be exact). The P.I.T. is definitely legit. I like the sound the of this though.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:02 PM   #23
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunechid
I made VC easily last year playing on hall of fame
Yeah, the grind this year was MyPoints.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:57 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyMac
Yeah, the grind this year was MyPoints.
I really hope they rework that. I got real tired of the required repetitive actions. I shouldn't have spam the same special moves all game every game just to get the most MyPoints. You're not even getting awarded for playing realistic basketball. You can't just have a good game. That doesn't even really matter. You can have a 25-10-5-2 game and a win, and still not get much My Points if you weren't spamming special moves.
I try to play and have stats as realistically as possible. I'm not the one who tries to score 50-100 points a game. I'm shooting 12-20 Field goals a game. I want to be rewarded for playing realistically

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »