Home

NBA 2K20 / NBA 2K21 - OFFICIAL TRIANGLE SYSTEM THREAD

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 / NBA 2K21 - OFFICIAL TRIANGLE SYSTEM THREAD within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2020, 08:47 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 8
NBA 2K20 - OFFICIAL TRIANGLE SYSTEM THREAD

ISO 32 QUICK - Blind Pig Isolation

Of course the normal Blind Pig be run out of the freelance action or using one of the Triangle plays they have in the default playbook but this one is executes faster, is easier to call and holds the isolation longer. A must have for my 4th Qtr play sets and end of quarter situations.

Actual NBA Game Footage

Last edited by taildog; 04-01-2020 at 06:24 AM.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:21 AM   #50
MVP

PUNCH 54 RIP 1 - UCLA High Post Duckin

Another wrinkle out of the 5 Series. This one mostly run by the Lakers and even the woeful Knicks a few times. I asked Czar about this back in 2015 and it was added to the freelance during the 2K16 cycle updates. Sadly we haven’t seen it since. Spurs have also been running it for years. You may remember last gen SAS 54 Punch Duckin was in the 98 Spurs playbook. The only difference to this alignment would be to lift the SF up from the corner to the wing to begin the play.

Actual NBA Game Footage

2K16 Freelance Options

Last edited by taildog; 04-01-2020 at 06:51 AM.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:32 AM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekurlan2
Tail dog, I know you said your internet is inconsistent, but any chance you do can do a breakdown of offense a l czar style? I’m very well versed in the Triangle but I lack of familiarity with video games. Would love a video by an expert like yourself. Thanks for this yearly thread and content!

Kingslayer does have a more updated version of a brief freelance overview on his YT channel with the newer play art not including all of the pressure releases. The set plays nor the options out of the freelance have changed much over the years, if anything we’ve lost a few set plays and freelance options I hope to get added back. So I don’t really break those down unless I find an issue with them as they are all re-written for every years game.

Last edited by taildog; 04-01-2020 at 06:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2020, 10:20 AM   #52
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 - OFFICIAL TRIANGLE SYSTEM THREAD

Awesome videos! Now I'm itch with running the classic bulls again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2020, 05:05 PM   #53
Just started!

I wish it could be ran in the game like Thibodeaus triangle where it was ran through noah people forgets thibs a triangle coach during the late bulls days
Old 04-07-2020, 05:34 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamidolphins7221
I wish it could be ran in the game like Thibodeaus triangle where it was ran through noah people forgets thibs a triangle coach during the late bulls days

I wouldn’t go that far. They did run a lot of pinch posts and some of the high and low post split cuts. Some pressure releases too. Some are in earlier 2Ks like 2k12 Bulls playbook. You’re probably referring to that vid coach nick put out years ago. But truth be told about Thibs...he ran all sorts of offensive sets from every system. He’s not a bad man offensive coach just misunderstood. That minny team was more of an offensive team than anything lol.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:24 PM   #55
Just started!

Talk about a fast response lol. But I hear ya I wish it was possible to flip positions on plays or like in 2k8 just make them yourself so i could basically make the bigs the pgs and i agree when he was the coach of the bulls the offense was pretty stale at times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2020, 09:49 AM   #56
Rookie

Hey everyone!

I made a quick analysis video of the 2015-2016 Westchester Knicks who ran the Triangle better than their big brother did IMO.

Two possessions are highlighted including Blind Pig and the Corner Series, I hope you can watch and share your thoughts, thank you!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ADnlnBZUtbM

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »