Home

Angryjoe's 2k take.

This is a discussion on Angryjoe's 2k take. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2019, 10:59 AM   #9
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Angryjoe's 2k take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnoodle321
The quicker this crap can be removed from the game and they get back to focusing purely on basketball in a basketball video game the better
What mode do you play?
Old 08-30-2019, 11:01 AM   #10
Pro

cactusruss's Arena

OVR: 7

I only watched the first couple minutes of the video, but I don't get the fake outrage. I mean... Super Mario Bros 2 had a slot machine for power ups in it. Who cares?

Of course I also don't understand the appeal of the myteam type stuff in sports video games anyway.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:22 AM   #11
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Lol literally the only thing you can spend money on in MyTeam is packs.

Those slots are rewards you get for playing the game or using locker codes. You can’t spend money to use those slot machines.

In GTA V you could actually spend money to use those machines, but y’all moved on from that and now this is the new topic for everyone to be fake mad about lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2019, 11:24 AM   #12
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
https://youtu.be/47AUxMEj_Fo

To give a fair counter argument.
It's not even a counter argument, it's just stating facts. The extent of the information that has been provided, from hours of video on this subject is....."there's footage of a slot machine." and people blindly cosign this "outrage"

Fight microtransactions, fight them like hell.......I'm with you.....but don't fight them with misinformation and a mob mentality. That's not how you win. So much of this is coming from people who don't play the mode, much less the game. It's crazy...

but this is our culture.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:29 AM   #13
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusruss
I only watched the first couple minutes of the video, but I don't get the fake outrage. I mean... Super Mario Bros 2 had a slot machine for power ups in it. Who cares?

Of course I also don't understand the appeal of the myteam type stuff in sports video games anyway.
Honestly, as long as I have freedom of choice (spend money or not to spend money), I guess I really don't care about these things. However, I never felt that I "needed" these additional items to have fun or be competitive in ANY game that I play where "gambling" is involved. Truthfully and by the way the Shake4ndBake described it, the slot machine is no different than the mobile app. You play the game, and you get a chance at some free stuff.

I swear we live in an overly sensitive society where people act like humans don't know how to use their ability of free will to make their own decisions, and that they're easily manipulated by companies.

EDIT: For the record, I was genuinely pissed at NBA 2K18 for their microtransactions, because it literally took me almost an entire year to build ONE descent MyPlayer character. Okay...2K Sports was definitely over the top that particular year.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 08-30-2019 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:52 AM   #14
Pro

This is the same short sighted garbage that led kotaku to rip 2K19 for the neighborhood wheel....which cost zero VC to play, could not be exploited with extra VC, and once you reached VIP (93+) status, awarded you insane prizes. But hey, it looks like a gambling game, and people that don’t play 2K wouldn’t know any better, so let’s ride that outrage wave...

I spun that wheel almost every day, and eventually I hit the 1,000,000 VC bonus. I probably cashed out at least 1.3 million total from all those spins. Again, cost me nothing, all upside no downside. But who cares about being fair?

MyTeam is absolutely a pay to win mode. I don’t buy 2K to play myteam. Most don’t. If people want to do that, that’s their business. The game is 100% clear what type of game it is, and it still limits in game purchases to packs. You can’t buy myteam VC to use at the auction.

Last edited by Kstat; 08-30-2019 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:29 PM   #15
Pro

I dont see how anyone can defend any type of slot machine gambling in a E rated BASKETBALL GAME. Regardless of whether or not real money is at stake.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2019, 12:35 PM   #16
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid OS
I dont see how anyone can defend any type of slot machine gambling in a E rated BASKETBALL GAME. Regardless of whether or not real money is at stake.
But it's not gambling...it's a player card-collecting centric mode. The slot machine is a just way to get more free cards/items for your collection. Nothing more, nothing less.

The artistic decision to use a slot machine was probably in poor taste, but it doesn't changes the fact it's just a tool to get free stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »