Home

NBA 2K20: The Little Things

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20: The Little Things within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2019, 12:33 PM   #1
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA 2K20: The Little Things

New year, new game of "little things" to appreciate.

Post them here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2019, 01:21 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NBA 2K20: The Little Things

1. Hair isn't static, it moves when the player moves. Noticed it playing WNBA and noticed it playing with the Bulls that Coby White afro moves.

2. I like that rebounds aren't always automatic, that most times you seem them try to tip it to themselves.

3. Illegal screen slider. I maxed it out, I love seeing it called a few times a game, some times more depending on the teams.

4. 27 different dribble styles. Some players have LT, RT, LT + RT dribble modifier. Thing of beauty, it really does add variety to the game.

5. They did a much better job of explaining the different types of freelance sets on the UI and the fact you can change them is lovely. Just wish they allowed you to change them via roster editor though, that way you can just set it once for all the teams.

6. The new graphical signage they have during cut scenes, halftime and pre-game are nice.

7. The lighting.

8. Players skin don't look ashy or dull this year.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:24 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

This has been mentioned before in other threads, but the ability to finally choose team accessory and sock colors for jerseys before games is an amazing addition so thank you 2K for that and for a great game this year!
Old 09-07-2019, 06:40 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
1. Hair isn't static, it moves when the player moves. Noticed it playing WNBA and noticed it playing with the Bulls that Coby White afro moves.

2. I like that rebounds aren't always automatic, that most times you seem them try to tip it to themselves.

3. Illegal screen slider. I maxed it out, I love seeing it called a few times a game, some times more depending on the teams.

4. 27 different dribble styles. Some players have LT, RT, LT + RT dribble modifier. Thing of beauty, it really does add variety to the game.

5. They did a much better job of explaining the different types of freelance sets on the UI and the fact you can change them is lovely. Just wish they allowed you to change them via roster editor though, that way you can just set it once for all the teams.

6. The new graphical signage they have during cut scenes, halftime and pre-game are nice.

7. The lighting.

8. Players skin don't look ashy or dull this year.
I haven't played enough yet to discover all the new stuff for myself, but everything you've listed here sound amazing.
Old 09-07-2019, 06:41 PM   #5
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I don't know if I'm imagining things but I think even Colby White has hair physics
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2019, 06:47 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I don't know if I'm imagining things but I think even Colby White has hair physics
That's what he said too ^^^
Old 09-07-2019, 07:58 PM   #7
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

LT modifiers??
Old 09-07-2019, 09:48 PM   #8
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

-I love how they finally nailed player collision. Guys now bounce off each other perfectly, dependent on momentum and physics, not just static force-field animations kicking in. Defenders get chipped on baseline screens. On the PnR, you can push the screener out past his spot, and may even have it called as a foul. Those improved physics affect so many little interactions...it's beautiful to behold.

-I also like how the strips don't always leave the ballhandler standing there frozen for 3 seconds while the defender scoops up the loose ball. The fights for possession are amazing and varied.

-Love the kid dancers.

Last edited by HMcCoy; 09-07-2019 at 09:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »