Home

CPU green release

This is a discussion on CPU green release within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-10-2019, 06:20 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: CPU green release

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFnOtWhYnOt_
This should be UNDOUBTEDLY a switch on-off visual aid. Let's be honest, this mechanic was probably introduced because of people complaining about cpu scoring, cpu comeback scripting and whatnot. Everything a developer/designer/creator hates when its not true, so they basically said, "LOOOK" now you see it was supposed to go in.

I hate it the most when I see it during a wide open shot under the basket, like I was going to argue that.

Patch por favor.
^^^^^ Because of this...last year i saw a lot of cry babies here in OS being delusional about this, and i even argue to some of them.

I swear most people playing this game will complain about anything if they start loosing the game.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:01 AM   #18
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

I HATE it. I've been saying this before the game came out that we should NOT be able to see teammates or opposing players meters. If I had a chance to change anything about this game, it would be #1 on my list gameplay wise. It really shouldn't be in a NBA simulation.

Yes, I know you can turn alot of it off but you cannot do anything about seeing the greens. I am big on having options, but I personally do not believe it should even be optional to see other players (online) or the CPU players releases or if they perfected a shot. Only time I would be cool with knowing a shot is perfect is with the follow throughs they have, but I do not really even want that.

I really do not understand Mike Wangs reasoning for implementing this. I've been only playing offline so far and I hate it but I know I am really going to dislike it once I start playing online. I try my hardest not to pay attention to it and look at the rim but it's almost impossible to ignore.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 09-10-2019, 08:43 AM   #19
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah this is annoying.

Also proves that greens are dumb in general.

Seeing non shooting bigs greening deep 2s and corner 3s shows that they have forgotten what made 2k great.

SIM BASKETBALL.

Please give option to turn off everywhere - and lets please take it out of rec center unless you have floor general badge or some ****.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:53 AM   #20
Pro

The greens are so bad and ruins what makes basketball exciting. Shame 2k is pushing the green release to market the damm game.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2019, 01:54 PM   #21
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

Agree, I like to remove as many icon indicators as possible when playing, so that it feels like an authentic NBA game. Last year we had the option but this year we don't. I'd even like an option for the circle under your player to be even more subtle but that's probably something they'd have to wait for 2K21 next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2019, 09:19 AM   #22
Rookie

Mortiis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iasounis
I'm and online player and dislike it.

i think everyone hates it...don't know why they had put it in in the first place!
Old 09-12-2019, 09:44 AM   #23
Rookie

m29a's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiis
i think everyone hates it...don't know why they had put it in in the first place!
Eh, I don't mind it myself. There definitely should be an option to turn it off though.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:46 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 3

I think the worst thing about it is it seems to have an impact on the CPU's gameplay. Like why should the CPU have a green release? Thats just a random dice roll, and shouldn't that just refer to the player's ratings? I'm seeing the CPU miss a ton of open looks even on Superstar and I'm wondering if that's why.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »