Home

Badge dilemma/concept

This is a discussion on Badge dilemma/concept within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-10-2019, 07:58 AM   #17
MVP

tru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Badge dilemma/concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
Badges still enhance ratings. Gold unpluckable with a 35 ball handling rating isn’t going to help you it’s a waste of badge slots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
According to Mike Wang it would be pretty useless to have a badge with a low rating. This would be a prime example.

I've tried contact finisher on my Playmaking Shot Creator and have yet to get a poster. I don't finish contact layups too well with it equipped either. I'm not really sure how effective badges are with low ratings though as I haven't tried many.The few that I did test out seemed kinda useless tbh.
If you are trying to cross people over with that rating then yeah it wont be much help.

However the badge also triggers after you come down with a rebound and people try to steal it.

It also triggers when you are posting up and people swarm trying to get the steal.

For a C its a must badge to avoid those strips after a rebound and if you focus on scoring in the paint.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:53 PM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
If you are trying to cross people over with that rating then yeah it wont be much help.

However the badge also triggers after you come down with a rebound and people try to steal it.

It also triggers when you are posting up and people swarm trying to get the steal.

For a C its a must badge to avoid those strips after a rebound and if you focus on scoring in the paint.
Unpluckable may be a slightly broken badge as well. It not only pops up when you've just stated. but i've seen it pop up just when some defender is close by you and they never reach for a steal. just hands up defense or even hands down at times. So either the badge is broken, or the badge is being told to turn on because the game thinks someone is pressing the reach button even when they're not.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:54 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg811
I promise you that badges do in fact work even with low ratings.
I have a defensive PF with a 40 something steal rating because steals weren’t a priority to me on a big.
I wasn’t getting steals on or off ball, until I equipped inceptor and pick pocket bronze. Now I average 4 steals a game.
Maybe they aren’t supposed to have an effect with low ratings, but they absolutely do.
Those badges seem to unlock different animations and allow you to get steals where without them you would not.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
exactly. it does unlock the passing lane steals animations. otherwise you will get that short armed it, animation where you put your arms down and allow a pass to go right above your head.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:11 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Yup badges should be tied to ratings.

Love how i have gold unpluckable while i have 35 ball handling
That actually makes sense. Shaq probably had less than 30 ball handling, but very few players in the league, if any, could have stripped the ball from him while he was holding it.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:53 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRuckis
That actually makes sense. Shaq probably had less than 30 ball handling, but very few players in the league, if any, could have stripped the ball from him while he was holding it.
But that aint the reason 2k has allowed it to work on a 30 ball handling. because it means it will also work with a small skinny weak(low strength) perimeter guy.

truth is most bigs dont lose the ball because someone strips them unless the guy doing the stripping is a well known strong strip artist/lockdown defender. Karl malone, hakeem, these types. i'm not sure dudes are even doing that anymore. guys mostly put their hands up and pray the shot doesnt go in nowadays. you get called for too many ticky tack fouls to risk it in this era.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2019, 02:49 AM   #22
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
Unpluckable may be a slightly broken badge as well. It not only pops up when you've just stated. but i've seen it pop up just when some defender is close by you and they never reach for a steal. just hands up defense or even hands down at times. So either the badge is broken, or the badge is being told to turn on because the game thinks someone is pressing the reach button even when they're not.
you dont always see the reach animation when you go for the steal.

also you can steal when using the analog stick.
so someone who has put his hands up might have it registerd as a steal attempt as well.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:25 AM   #23
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRuckis
It makes a lot of sense.
While i have just 35 ball control , i have 90 post moves.

Shaq and other bigs will have an even higher post moves rating.

The badges never says that its only limited to dribbles on the perimiter.
Post moves are part of playmaking.
Old 10-11-2019, 04:34 AM   #24
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Yup badges should be tied to ratings.

Love how i have gold unpluckable while i have 35 ball handling
Are they to a certain extent though? I have a 2 way playmaking slasher....my driving dunk is 84 and they will only let me unlock contact finisher on gold....i cant choose hof even with points leftover.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »