Home

It's Really Time to Separate Game modes

This is a discussion on It's Really Time to Separate Game modes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2019, 03:57 AM   #9
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: It's Really Time to Separate Game modes

I'd be down for two separate games, even though we all know it will never happen.

Hell, I'd pay massive coin for a legends only offline game. I never touch any of the online modes or fantasy stuff. Absolutely zero interest in them at all.

Again though, it'll never happen - so long as folk keep drooling over these fantasy modes and making their own players and watching stories play out, 2k knows the money will keep rolling in. Game is catered to the online generation now.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:51 AM   #10
MVP

tru11's Arena

OVR: 0

people that want an offline game dont really want an offline game.

imagine no patches , no updates of anything whatsover, no ability to download rosters and such.

aint no way anyone is going to settle with just that.

it wont sell enough to even consider doing such a think lol.

Should just have the option to pick between simulation, arcade and competitive.

Id love to go into JRC without the green release , people doing emotes and spamming sprint/dribble moves and such not having a downside at all.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:00 AM   #11
MVP

daveberg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
people that want an offline game dont really want an offline game.

imagine no patches , no updates of anything whatsover, no ability to download rosters and such.

aint no way anyone is going to settle with just that.

it wont sell enough to even consider doing such a think lol.

Should just have the option to pick between simulation, arcade and competitive.

Id love to go into JRC without the green release , people doing emotes and spamming sprint/dribble moves and such not having a downside at all.
I can only speak for myself, but when I say offfline, I mean - no online game modes needed. Of course we'd love patches and updates, but we don't need the excess fantasy junk that comes with the game or other modes that pit online user vs online user. Simply just a game, in my case, that caters for myleague and quick match only. I don't use anything else.

I'm sure the other side of the fence would see guys saying the same thing - online only and no offline modes.

2K will continue to cater for the audiences that bring in the most money - the online VC crowd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2019, 08:28 AM   #12
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
I can only speak for myself, but when I say offfline, I mean - no online game modes needed. Of course we'd love patches and updates, but we don't need the excess fantasy junk that comes with the game or other modes that pit online user vs online user. Simply just a game, in my case, that caters for myleague and quick match only. I don't use anything else.

I'm sure the other side of the fence would see guys saying the same thing - online only and no offline modes.

2K will continue to cater for the audiences that bring in the most money - the online VC crowd.
Any developer is going to focus on the audience that brings in the most money lol
Old 12-05-2019, 08:52 AM   #13
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
I didn't say anything about two discs. Free to play games are digital. That's why I said it can be the basketball version of fortnite, since I feel like that's what they want.
My bad. I told my age. The won't make two digital game files when everything can fit in one.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:08 AM   #14
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg

You all do realize that there's a in-game menu that lets you select which game mode you want to play?
Old 12-05-2019, 09:13 AM   #15
Rookie

Y'all dudes advocating for an offline focused game are nuts lol.
Id say less than a 1/3 of the consumer base only plays against AI bots.

This isn't the SEGA Dreamcast days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2019, 09:38 AM   #16
MVP

daveberg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
Any developer is going to focus on the audience that brings in the most money lol
Of course they are, which is why these conversations are no more than wishful thinking for some of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
You all do realize that there's a in-game menu that lets you select which game mode you want to play?
I'd be concerned if there was anyone out there who didn't realize this, but you may help someone with that, you never know.

On a serious note, it's nothing more than some of us feel the excess online modes and fantasy stuff is departure from what the game 'should' be, and would prefer if the money and time were invested elsewhere, namely offline modes. It's nothing but a preference thing. As I said above, I'm sure on the flip side tons of folk feel the offline stuff is wasted and should be better invested on polishing online modes. One mans trash is another man's treasure.

Clearly a dual game release is never going to happen, we all know this, as their gravy train lies with online gaming, as it does across the board with the majority of licences these days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »