Home

Player movement extremely sluggish

This is a discussion on Player movement extremely sluggish within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2020, 09:22 PM   #9
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Player movement extremely sluggish

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Doesn't this make all players the same speed though? I don't want a C moving the same speed as a PG/SG. And why are the shooting slider set so it is easier to make a three pointer instead of a close shot? Not criticizing just asking.
No, because every player has their own attributes. As far as shooting goes, it plays out really well because of the level of difficulty to actually make a three point shot. Like Bugs Bunny said , try it out and see for yourself.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:01 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
No, because every player has their own attributes. As far as shooting goes, it plays out really well because of the level of difficulty to actually make a three point shot. Like Bugs Bunny said , try it out and see for yourself.
Ok I'll try them, do you have them up on 2kshare for download?
Old 01-17-2020, 08:27 PM   #11
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Quote:
Ok I'll try them, do you have them up on 2kshare for download?
No .... sorry , once I get a set I like I generally disconnect so updates don’t mess me up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2020, 03:11 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
No .... sorry , once I get a set I like I generally disconnect so updates don’t mess me up
I tried your sliders and uploaded them to 2K Share under your name "Brooke2011", so others could try them. Hope that is ok, if not, I will delete them. Here's what I liked and didn't like:

+ Player movement is smoother. I had to lower the game speed to 55 as I thought it too fast at 60.
+ Realistic shooting percentages
+Smart AI
- My starters stayed in the whole half without being auto subbed out. Maybe you did this on purpose to make the coach user sub them out. I always use auto subs so I'm not spamming one player the whole game.
-Not enough fouls, only shooting fouls were called and the CPU was getting called for fouls more than me. I played 98 Bulls (me) vs 98 Pacers and Rik Smits had 3 fouls in the first quarter. Maybe because I wasn't playing current teams, who knows.

I played PHI at NY current NBA today game also and the Knicks were crushing me 47-20 after 1 quarter. Maybe I suck who knows?

It also may play different for me than you because my game is up to date on patches. you said you keep yours offline.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:05 AM   #13
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

not related probably, but anyone notice players running downcourt at super turbo speeds (team mates) like they're the flash? It doesn't seem to effect the game overall, but it just looks weird at times, they look like they're going down court at super human speeds. Maybe this is a slider issue though.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:58 PM   #14
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Quote:
I tried your sliders and uploaded them to 2K Share under your name "Brooke2011", so others could try them. Hope that is ok, if not, I will delete them. Here's what I liked and didn't like:

+ Player movement is smoother. I had to lower the game speed to 55 as I thought it too fast at 60.
+ Realistic shooting percentages
+Smart AI
- My starters stayed in the whole half without being auto subbed out. Maybe you did this on purpose to make the coach user sub them out. I always use auto subs so I'm not spamming one player the whole game.
-Not enough fouls, only shooting fouls were called and the CPU was getting called for fouls more than me. I played 98 Bulls (me) vs 98 Pacers and Rik Smits had 3 fouls in the first quarter. Maybe because I wasn't playing current teams, who knows.

I played PHI at NY current NBA today game also and the Knicks were crushing me 47-20 after 1 quarter. Maybe I suck who knows?

It also may play different for me than you because my game is up to date on patches. you said you keep yours offline.
Yes this could be true . But if I can give some advice it would be that this game needs to be played at a game speed higher than 50 and acceleration and speed have to be 10 points higher than the cpu. If you follow this approach u will get rid of the sluggish feeling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »