Home

is the behind the back making a return?

This is a discussion on is the behind the back making a return? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2020, 09:37 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: is the behind the back making a return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
Sounds like just a rumor. The real fix though would have been to nerf unpluckable, brick wall and handles for days.
i'm down for that. but if you nurf unpluckable, will you also start calling fouls on Most bump steals?
Old 02-13-2020, 09:22 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
i'm down for that. but if you nurf unpluckable, will you also start calling fouls on Most bump steals?
Would love that too yes, as well as the plays where you literally push the ball handler out of bounds.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:59 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
I have never seen space creator fire, I've seen ankle breaker fire once, stop and go a couple times. Show me a video of them all firing repeatedly by a dribble god and I'll happily say I'm wrong but have yet to see it.

2klabs has basically said all those badges are bottom or next to bottom tier.
i know for a fact space creator works. but you wont see it fire in your little hub.

When you have a guy without space creator do a few step back jumpers and watch how you barely create any space. then get space creator up to silver. its night and day vs the cpu. vs other humans, you may need it to gold or higher. but then you have to ask yourself, what would a space creator badge do vs a human anyway? i'll tell you, 2k goes the cheat route and will FORCe the defense to be blown backwards to create more space for you. it creates a force field effect for the dribbler. horribly unrealistic. how do people create space in real life vs other humans? you get the defense going hard back pedalling or moving some what backwards at an angle, and you do a snatch back or step back move. because said defender was running so hard in one direction. its super difficult to stop and change directions after you just saw the offensive guy do this. thats how space is created in real life. but on 2k vs other humans. they wont fix the game to where the animations only work like that do the defender running too hard one way and then trying to stop and change directions on a dime with a guy who does not have the attributes to do so. 2k takes short cuts and gives the offensive badge a boost to PUSH the defender backwards.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:22 AM   #20
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
i know for a fact space creator works. but you wont see it fire in your little hub.

When you have a guy without space creator do a few step back jumpers and watch how you barely create any space. then get space creator up to silver. its night and day vs the cpu. vs other humans, you may need it to gold or higher. but then you have to ask yourself, what would a space creator badge do vs a human anyway? i'll tell you, 2k goes the cheat route and will FORCe the defense to be blown backwards to create more space for you. it creates a force field effect for the dribbler. horribly unrealistic. how do people create space in real life vs other humans? you get the defense going hard back pedalling or moving some what backwards at an angle, and you do a snatch back or step back move. because said defender was running so hard in one direction. its super difficult to stop and change directions after you just saw the offensive guy do this. thats how space is created in real life. but on 2k vs other humans. they wont fix the game to where the animations only work like that do the defender running too hard one way and then trying to stop and change directions on a dime with a guy who does not have the attributes to do so. 2k takes short cuts and gives the offensive badge a boost to PUSH the defender backwards.
Badges have other badges as counter.

Ratings are apart of the equation.

Skill is the most important factor.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:22 AM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
Badges have other badges as counter.

Ratings are apart of the equation.

Skill is the most important factor.
we know this is supposed to be the case but its not always the case. at least the 1st part. There is no counter to pogo stick in reality, not talking about by definition of the badges. by definition its Dream Shake, but we know it doesnt really work on human players when you up fake.

and skill...hmmm skill at what? the game of basketball or skill at the game of 2k? there's a difference.

would you call it defensive skill, to start spamming the hell out of the steal button with interceptor on hall of fame?

or how about pogo stick on Gold, where you keep spamming the block button in the paint?

are either of those considered defensive skill to you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2020, 10:34 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
we know this is supposed to be the case but its not always the case. at least the 1st part. There is no counter to pogo stick in reality, not talking about by definition of the badges. by definition its Dream Shake, but we know it doesnt really work on human players when you up fake.

and skill...hmmm skill at what? the game of basketball or skill at the game of 2k? there's a difference.

would you call it defensive skill, to start spamming the hell out of the steal button with interceptor on hall of fame?

or how about pogo stick on Gold, where you keep spamming the block button in the paint?

That is a problem, there are too many badges that do the work for you...

There shouldn't be a badge that makes people just fall down during Iso dribbles, it should be down to your ball handling attribute and ability to read the defender and time your move.

Same goes for post, it should down to your post attributes and ability to read a defender and time your move, not some badge that automatically makes defenders get shook.

Cornrers three's should come down to your shooting attributes, your ability to get open in an "easy" spot, and knowing your release...not some badge that automatically makes the shot easier for you

I could go on all day about many finishing,defensive, and playmaking badges as well but I think I've made my point; the focus should be knowing your job on court (even the little things) and becoming good at it, not mindless grindy exercises in bad basketball to earn magical badges that do a chunk of the work for you.

The same can probably be said for animations; it should not come down to which animations offer some sort of intrinsic advantage over other, but rather knowing how and when to trigger them.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:50 AM   #23
Pro

I seriously doubt 2k will revert anything but if it does Tight Handles and Brick Wall both need a Nerf. Tight Handles will stun the best LDD out there which made the move OP as hell prior to 2k taking it out. Brick Wall has been broke since day 1. SMH

A lot of guards have struggled to adjust to the BTB since the nerf. 2's are super easy now besides players who fade after screens the whole game.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:53 AM   #24
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:

There is no skill in spamming anything.

It does take some skill to take advantage of people who spamm stuff.

How much advantage someone can take depends on that person skill.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »