Home

D'Aaron Fox - 2k is a trash game thats why wont stream it

This is a discussion on D'Aaron Fox - 2k is a trash game thats why wont stream it within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2020, 07:13 PM   #81
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: D'Aaron Fox - 2k is a trash game thats why wont stream it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
Now this dialogue right here is more or less the essence of why I became an offline player (though i do watch a few other people who play online), not just in 2K specifically, but as a gamer in general.

TBH I am an adult with a job, other RL interests, and a very low desire for social interaction(it tires and frustrates me quickly).I have no interest in spending time with people any more than is absolutely necessary.

This applies even more so when it comes to gaming as I will freely admit that I find the great majority of most online communities to be immature,annoying, and frustrating to play with to the point where I would rather shut the game off after a few minutes and go do something else than deal with it.
Preach! Preach!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2020, 08:49 PM   #82
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

If an actual athlete of the sport is saying the game is bad then he might actually have an argument.

I don't know if he mentioned his specific issues, but him being a point guard, I can kind of guess what they are.

The basic aspects of the basketball aren't represented well imo.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-02-2020, 10:32 PM   #83
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
If an actual athlete of the sport is saying the game is bad then he might actually have an argument.

I don't know if he mentioned his specific issues, but him being a point guard, I can kind of guess what they are.

The basic aspects of the basketball aren't represented well imo.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Fair enough...but arguably the best player in the world enjoys the game...and has said on numerous occasions he uses it as a reference for real life scenarios. What does that say?

Again, Fox's comments stem from an argument with other NBA players, like All Star Donovan Mitchell, who enjoy it. Not to mention the 30 player tourney going on.

I think at the end of the day, it's a basketball video game. As we can see, even people at the highest level are going to have different opinions on how well it replicates things. The opinions above dont make it perfect, Fox's dont make it trash.

We just gotta stop latching on to this stuff to validate our issues. (Not you, but the spirit of the thread)
Old 04-03-2020, 12:29 AM   #84
Rookie

Only thing i gotta say is those blaming the hiccups of the game on development cycle are being disingenuous.
Most of the hangups people have for this game are due to the global settings and configuration.

And im not speaking from the pov of an offline gamer who plays against CPU bots, im talking pvp modes where everything is under the hood and cannot be tinkered with.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:47 AM   #85
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus James
Only thing i gotta say is those blaming the hiccups of the game on development cycle are being disingenuous.
Most of the hangups people have for this game are due to the global settings and configuration.

And im not speaking from the pov of an offline gamer who plays against CPU bots, im talking pvp modes where everything is under the hood and cannot be tinkered with.

Most people take pvp as offline, as it should cater to their personal preference rather then that of the entire community.

They think that was goes for them goed for everybody else.

Again you are wrong though.
They can certainly tinker with a lot of things which is when they release updates and/or patches.

Its just so happens that they rather do stuff based on data rather then just people’s emotions.

Everthing gets registerd on their servers and if interceptor for instance really was broken then the data would have shown it and it would have been fixed by now.
Pretty much how they adressed fancy footwork and difficult shots.
Or that silly behind the back dribble move that everyone had.
Or jumpshot animations.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2020, 02:37 AM   #86
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Any less disingenuous than...

Quote:
A rockstar basketball game would be so realistic it would intimidate people. Sweat and all that cosmetic stuff would play a real factor.
?
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 04-03-2020, 04:59 AM   #87
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
Most people take pvp as offline, as it should cater to their personal preference rather then that of the entire community.

They think that was goes for them goed for everybody else.

Again you are wrong though.
They can certainly tinker with a lot of things which is when they release updates and/or patches.

Its just so happens that they rather do stuff based on data rather then just people’s emotions.

Everthing gets registerd on their servers and if interceptor for instance really was broken then the data would have shown it and it would have been fixed by now.
Pretty much how they adressed fancy footwork and difficult shots.
Or that silly behind the back dribble move that everyone had.
Or jumpshot animations.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I think that is another part of why I stopped gaming online almost completely.....as I get older,I find that the gameplay of most online oriented games just doesn't line up with the kind of gameplay that I find fun anymore.
Old 04-03-2020, 07:37 AM   #88
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
I think that is another part of why I stopped gaming online almost completely.....as I get older,I find that the gameplay of most online oriented games just doesn't line up with the kind of gameplay that I find fun anymore.
Damn. I swear you're reading my mind, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »