Home

Post Hook Shot - Overpowered?

This is a discussion on Post Hook Shot - Overpowered? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2020, 09:46 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Post Hook Shot - Overpowered?

Right when I found the right slider set, I run into a problem. It looks like 2K mightve made the User Post Hook Shot too strong.

I already had my Inside and Close shot at 40 with CPU Defense at 55. I raised the CPU Defense Strength to 95, still made it even being smothered and 100% contested.

Next try, I put the Inside and Close shots at 0 with CPU Defense Strength at 95. I was still making these Hook Shots with regularity.

Is there a way to penalize a User to make Late shots not go in? Should I use Real Player %? This is taking away the fun - as if that green light under the CPU hasn't already ....

Please help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2020, 10:11 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Post Hook Shot - Overpowered?

what was your shot percentage? did they double? do you have a high rating? Did you have a height advantage?
Old 05-19-2020, 04:35 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
what was your shot percentage? did they double? do you have a high rating? Did you have a height advantage?
I was Jarrett Allen, 67 post hook shot. I was playing Miami, going up against Bam. I was losing and started generating a comeback, and Allen wouldn’t miss.

Midway through the 4th, I raised the CPU shot contest to 65- nothing, then 95- nothing.

After I won the game, I went into Scrimmage, against Bam: even with the slider at 0, CPU defense ratings at 95 (including On Ball Defense and Defense Awareness/Consistency sliders)— Allen was able to make the Post Hook while Smothered/Very Late release.

I kinda discovered something, and that was raising the CPU Strength slider; this made it harder for me to get into post position for that hook, so that could be a possible solution to this ‘glitch’

When KD tries to post-up, I noticed that the CPU automatically doubles. Anyway to trigger that? I’d lower my mid/3pt slider to compensate.

Last edited by Luke Skywalker; 05-19-2020 at 04:37 AM.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:24 AM   #4
Pro

I think we can disregard this. It looks like the sliders are reversed in a sense...

I had CPU and Human sliders raised to 55 for Gather/Release and the Layup sliders at 70 --- they should actually be reversed. I have to put my sliders at 45 and the Layup Defense Strength to 30.

Not sure what 2K did here, but thanks to Eccentric, I was kind of like WTF how am I making these with Smothered shot contest.

Thank God for OS.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:02 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
I was Jarrett Allen, 67 post hook shot. I was playing Miami, going up against Bam. I was losing and started generating a comeback, and Allen wouldn’t miss.

Midway through the 4th, I raised the CPU shot contest to 65- nothing, then 95- nothing.

After I won the game, I went into Scrimmage, against Bam: even with the slider at 0, CPU defense ratings at 95 (including On Ball Defense and Defense Awareness/Consistency sliders)— Allen was able to make the Post Hook while Smothered/Very Late release.

I kinda discovered something, and that was raising the CPU Strength slider; this made it harder for me to get into post position for that hook, so that could be a possible solution to this ‘glitch’

When KD tries to post-up, I noticed that the CPU automatically doubles. Anyway to trigger that? I’d lower my mid/3pt slider to compensate.
is there a slider that allows very late/early releases to drop at a decent clip? im in a league where red releases are better than slightly earlys im not sure if its cause of their slider set or 2k
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2020, 02:29 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
is there a slider that allows very late/early releases to drop at a decent clip? im in a league where red releases are better than slightly earlys im not sure if its cause of their slider set or 2k
Could be one or two things: Shot Success slider or Offensive Consistency slider.

I'd like to think the Shot Success slider, I have mine at 45 against the CPU with Shot Defense Strength at 55 (HoF style) -- Da Czar said it best, the lower the shot success slider, the smaller the timing window.

Offensive Consistency could play a factor, as it acts as a modifier to offensive attributes.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:23 PM   #7
Rookie

MakePostGreatAgain's Arena

delete this nephew

seriously

2k21 better not nerf hooks like they did with rebounding this year. Positioning matters, until it doesnt and AI harden snags over your center.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:22 PM   #8
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

I've seen hook shots be OP in Rec (heavily contested, double teamed etc), probably with Deep Hooks badge, but you don't see a lot of players use it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »