Home

Been watching NBA Restart.

This is a discussion on Been watching NBA Restart. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2020, 08:23 PM   #9
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Been watching NBA Restart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxsf18
I can see stride being implemented as a tendency or slider the way shorts length goes from 1-10 iirc, so maybe the average 6'3 player would have stride length set at 35 and Giannis would be at or above 95 or something ridiculous like that, if that makes sense

I also think they should just have their motion capture guys go in and perform basic actions such as rim runs off a screen, all out sprints from one end of the court to the other, putting the ball on the floor after a triple threat move, etc. just so that they can have multiple preset running styles (think MLBTS) designed to represent the variety of different ways players move on the court. I get that the point of this thread was more towards separating the elite players from everyone else but I think the way to actually do that is to have it so that no one player looks or feels the same animation wise.

this is a concept obviously already in the game via dribbling and shot styles but it ought to expand to include things like rebounding, passing, and running as well.
You're missing my point entirely. These guys have no real way TO be represented properly in the video game. Whoever does the mo-cap isn't 6'11 like Giannis. Whoever does the dunk animations isn't 285 like Zion.

The physics of what these players represent is poorly represented.
Old 08-02-2020, 09:40 PM   #10
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Been watching NBA Restart.

In general I think 2K does a poor job representing the NBA we see today. The game represents basketball pretty well, and it does an okay job differentiating these superstars on the court in some ways (and ultimately in the stats), it just doesn't really look like today's action. I watch an NBA game and I constantly think "that bucket never happens in NBA 2K".

I'm talking Human v CPU by the way, H v H is obviously hard to control depending on the type of gamer's playing. To me it feels like 2K produces games that have too few highs and lows - it tries to normalize outcomes so each offensive series feels an awful lot like the one before it. A big factor in this is CPU AI is too robotic and rarely makes mistakes. The NBA is a very spontaneous game and 2K doesn't capture that at all, IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »