Home

New NBA 2K22 Details Have Been Revealed - Shot Aiming is Gone, Improved Defensive Mechanic, Dribbling Improvements & Much More

This is a discussion on New NBA 2K22 Details Have Been Revealed - Shot Aiming is Gone, Improved Defensive Mechanic, Dribbling Improvements & Much More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2021, 04:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
New NBA 2K22 Details Have Been Revealed - Shot Aiming is Gone, Improved Defensive Mechanic, Dribbling Improvements & Much More

2K is finally starting to provide some new NBA 2K22 details. The latest NBA 2KTV episode...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2021, 04:44 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Info from Beluba

Such a big big disappointment hearing current and next gen will be basically the same gameplay wise.

I did hope that the launch of next gen was the opportunity to redisign and improve some of the core mechanics, including rating and tendency systems, as well as to get a big leap in CPU AI thanks to the new hardware.

But it seems that it won't be the case... they will just focus on pleasing the "community" who don't give a f* about realistic bball.

I already skipped 2k21 and honestly I wonder if I will ever buy a Nba 2k title again.
Old 08-21-2021, 04:52 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

Yeah, definitely to read that current and next gen are much more similar gameplay wise compared to last year is highly disappointing when I was expecting exactly the opposite...

It's a pity to be limited by 10-years old tech even though we can understand the reasons behind it...
Old 08-21-2021, 04:58 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

More info about dribbling

Last edited by goma76; 08-21-2021 at 05:01 AM.
Old 08-21-2021, 05:47 AM   #5
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm glad that they are keeping the gameplay the same and not pull an EA. There are still people out there that don't have NEXT GEN systems. So why leave them out with the experience?

Besides what can 2k do to make the gameplay more next gen? Actual physics? I don't think they are willing to start over....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2021, 06:08 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 14

Did he say more info in a few weeks? Doesn't the game release in a few weeks? When developers are this quiet it's never a good thing.
Old 08-21-2021, 06:18 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Hopefully that means the whole Road to 99 grind is out. I still expect to see the pay wall with starting from 60 OVR. But, they do have to at least lessen up on either the grinding or pay wall. Either allow us to start from. 70-75 OVR or make the grind less strenuous. I thought this past year would have been my first time to 99. But once I got to 95 and realized how many more games you have to play to get to 99 plus having to win to maintain it, made me lose interest. Once I get to a point where I max all the badges and knock out the primary ratings, I'm not getting any "better" after 92-93 OVR. So, I just want to be able to just play to enjoy not to keep grinding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210821-060935_Twitter.jpg (98.4 KB, 816 views)
Old 08-21-2021, 06:21 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by convince
Did he say more info in a few weeks? Doesn't the game release in a few weeks? When developers are this quiet it's never a good thing.
There's 2 full weeks before release week where you will see some get early copies. I expect to get gameplay, MyTeam, miscellaneous next week, then end of the last week of this month we should get the MYNBA and MyCareer news.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »