Home

New NBA 2K22 Details Have Been Revealed - Shot Aiming is Gone, Improved Defensive Mechanic, Dribbling Improvements & Much More

This is a discussion on New NBA 2K22 Details Have Been Revealed - Shot Aiming is Gone, Improved Defensive Mechanic, Dribbling Improvements & Much More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2021, 09:59 AM   #17
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Info from Beluba

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Aiming mini game is gone and controls more like 2K20???

Suddenly my interest is climbing.....
It's a start. I know that I still play NBA 2K20 due to the RS alone.
Old 08-21-2021, 10:30 AM   #18
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
It's a start. I know that I still play NBA 2K20 due to the RS alone.
Right there with you. I was planning on staying with it this year, too, but this development has turned my head slightly.

If the controls are more akin to how they were in 2K20 and previous to that - I may lean towards a purchase.

Maybe.
Old 08-21-2021, 10:36 AM   #19
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Old 08-21-2021, 10:37 AM   #20
Rookie

Cold Snap's Arena

I only use Real Player % for shots and free throws anyway, BUT I'm really glad you guys are happy with this news of the aiming being gone.

Now where's the MyNBA stuff...
Old 08-21-2021, 10:51 AM   #21
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I hate that cheaters killed vibration feedback on shooting. It was always one of my favorite additions.

Knew aiming wouldn't make it to the next game, but I enjoyed it while it was here....the initial iteration of it anyway.

I hate to see long pressing RS for hesi's and size ups go though, that felt really natural and it's something I used often.

Never one to complain about change or new mechanics though, mastering them is part of the fun for me....just hope they've smoothed things out a bit from the 2K20 system.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2021, 11:07 AM   #22
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

90% of my gameplay is in MyCareer but this “MyPlayer only drip-feed animations” really is dumb as hell.

How absurd is it that they could drop a Jalen Green sig package and JALEN GREEN can’t use it?

Adding animations throughout the year is legitimately a good thing, but the proposed method is one of the worst ways you could do it. Especially since it means nothing for the NBA side of the game.
Old 08-21-2021, 11:17 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNoVa27
90% of my gameplay is in MyCareer but this “MyPlayer only drip-feed animations” really is dumb as hell.

How absurd is it that they could drop a Jalen Green sig package and JALEN GREEN can’t use it?

Adding animations throughout the year is legitimately a good thing, but the proposed method is one of the worst ways you could do it. Especially since it means nothing for the NBA side of the game.
Is that really what that means? I figured they were just referencing, I don't know, zany streetball animations or something, things that wouldn't fit in an actual NBA setting (I know zero about MyPlayer).
Old 08-21-2021, 11:17 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Hopefully that means the whole Road to 99 grind is out. I still expect to see the pay wall with starting from 60 OVR. But, they do have to at least lessen up on either the grinding or pay wall. Either allow us to start from. 70-75 OVR or make the grind less strenuous. I thought this past year would have been my first time to 99. But once I got to 95 and realized how many more games you have to play to get to 99 plus having to win to maintain it, made me lose interest. Once I get to a point where I max all the badges and knock out the primary ratings, I'm not getting any "better" after 92-93 OVR. So, I just want to be able to just play to enjoy not to keep grinding.
"to clarify, you won’t lose overall on next gen as we have a different system in place there. overalls can still fluctuate in current gen"

So, looks like the current gen still has the Road to 99 while next gen has a new system

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »