Home

My Career 2k21 Thread

This is a discussion on My Career 2k21 Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-05-2021, 05:47 PM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: My Career 2k21 Thread

Can anyone help me out with this it’s driving me crazy. Ever since I have had this game I can’t even play my career or get into my 2k profile it’s just keeps saying can’t connect to my 2k servers at this time I have tried everything re installing the game rebooting the ps5 and nothing will work. Anyone had this problem before? I’ve had the ps5 for 2 weeks. It will still let me download patches as I am connected to the internet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2021, 05:08 AM   #162
Rookie

Thought I hit the game-winning shot with 5 seconds left :[

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcfdCDpjkzE (sorry for no audio, PS doesn't record audio in this game because of licensing I guess).
Old 01-09-2021, 10:16 AM   #163
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Started my Center build and hope to end up on the Grizzlies. I knew it coming in, but really dislike having to play in Rookieville just to get to the City. I have no intentions on playing online. Guess I just have to get through it. I'll get those Rookieville games out of the way after my first G-League game since I started the game and have to play it

I assumed Hendrix Cobb was a Guard, especially in the cut scenes when they first show him next to your player. But, I didn't think they would make him the same position. I guess it makes sense for story. But it was weird seeing him with a Taller Zion body but with guard skills.
Old 01-09-2021, 04:15 PM   #164
MVP

zello144's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I assumed Hendrix Cobb was a Guard, especially in the cut scenes when they first show him next to your player. But, I didn't think they would make him the same position. I guess it makes sense for story. But it was weird seeing him with a Taller Zion body but with guard skills.
It's dumb it's for the storyline much like how Jackson Ellis was the same position as you in 2k14.

The team drafts both you and Hendrix and then decides to trade Hendrix for drama in the story.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:05 PM   #165
Rookie

H2UKNOW's Arena

My Career 2k21 Thread

I made a PG and simulated to the All-Star break so I could keep Hendrix Cobb. I’m on the Knicks so I thought a core of me, Cobb, Barrett, Toppin, and Robinson would dope. I just got the cutscene about starting so I’m wondering if they’ll trade him in the off-season or keep him for good?

Last edited by H2UKNOW; 01-09-2021 at 11:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2021, 09:16 PM   #166
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
It's dumb it's for the storyline much like how Jackson Ellis was the same position as you in 2k14.

The team drafts both you and Hendrix and then decides to trade Hendrix for drama in the story.
Yeah, I think i saw a small clip about that. That forced storyline stuff gets old. I miss the 2k13 and previous MyCareers, where you don't have all this extra fluff. There's a way to give the full athlete experience and have depth, without forcing a storyline.

It is weird how made him my position and similar size but kept his intended. It looked like he was a built 6'10 280 center but he played like a 6'4 200 combo guard. I know they are going to trade him away. But I would like to pair back up with him in year 2. If he is going to be that size with a guard skill, he will be a mismatch anywhere. Especially when I gain ability to set lineups

It does suck to be forced to play Rookieville when you have no intentions on playing online. Had to turn volume down so I didn't have to hear the chat. Played 1 game, game didn't take long. But having to wait for "got next " is a pain. I have limited time, so it will take a bit to get to Pro

Last edited by illwill10; 01-09-2021 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-10-2021, 05:58 PM   #167
Rookie

H2UKNOW's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2UKNOW
I made a PG and simulated to the All-Star break so I could keep Hendrix Cobb. I’m on the Knicks so I thought a core of me, Cobb, Barrett, Toppin, and Robinson would dope. I just got the cutscene about starting so I’m wondering if they’ll trade him in the off-season or keep him for good?

🤦🏾*♂️ They traded him in the playoffs. Luckily it was for Patrick Williams so I still feel good about building with a young core. I’ll definitely be getting Cobb back one way or another though.
Old 01-10-2021, 06:12 PM   #168
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Yeah, I think i saw a small clip about that. That forced storyline stuff gets old. I miss the 2k13 and previous MyCareers, where you don't have all this extra fluff. There's a way to give the full athlete experience and have depth, without forcing a storyline.

It is weird how made him my position and similar size but kept his intended. It looked like he was a built 6'10 280 center but he played like a 6'4 200 combo guard. I know they are going to trade him away. But I would like to pair back up with him in year 2. If he is going to be that size with a guard skill, he will be a mismatch anywhere. Especially when I gain ability to set lineups

It does suck to be forced to play Rookieville when you have no intentions on playing online. Had to turn volume down so I didn't have to hear the chat. Played 1 game, game didn't take long. But having to wait for "got next " is a pain. I have limited time, so it will take a bit to get to Pro
play 3x3 to get through it faster because you get WAY more points if you win, and a lot of guys are like high 80s even in rookieville. I liked it more than I thought and kind of wish there was a screen to just select 3v3 lobbie without having to wait...got next is straight stupid

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »