Home

Da_Czar on Shooting #SIMNATION

This is a discussion on Da_Czar on Shooting #SIMNATION within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2020, 12:40 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Da_Czar on Shooting #SIMNATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
Further, he keeps saying "once people get their badges..." C'mon Czar! You know for a fact that lots of us play PNO and things like that too. Plenty of decent shooters out there who can't just "get their badges" because they're tied to regular rosters. Shooting and the difficulty therein is fantastic. Don't change it. All that needs to be tweaked is that floor percentage for "Slightly" releases, and even then it only needs to be raised a little (15-20 percent)
To me that sounds like what they did was balance things to be competitive in what 2K considers the late/end game stage (i.e.maxed out MyPlayers) without much respect given to other game modes that don't typically rely on Min/Maxed players, or even to the process of developing/grinding the MyPlayer to a level where those balance changes are needed to provide additional challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2020, 12:42 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Hot Fix for All-Star and lower coming tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/nba2k/status/130...972235776?s=21
Greenfest is looking to have started, unfortunately. I don't know but it feels it's on at all levels...
Old 09-06-2020, 12:47 PM   #27
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Judging by the 20 reb game I just had in Rec vs. a team with 2 sharpshooters, I don't think anything has changed online.
Old 09-06-2020, 12:57 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I've played a couple different MyTeam modes this afternoon and it looks like shooting is still dead in Triple Threat Offline and Domination but it’s back big time in Limited and Unlimited. Emerald and sapphire cards are out there hitting contested threes now in the online modes but those same players can't make anything offline due to the higher difficulty setting. We still need at least one offline mode where we can shoot properly and progress through the evolution and agenda goals because there’s no good option right now besides going head to head against another person.
Old 09-06-2020, 01:10 PM   #29
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I've played a couple different MyTeam modes this afternoon and it looks like shooting is still dead in Triple Threat Offline and Domination but it’s back big time in Limited and Unlimited. Emerald and sapphire cards are out there hitting contested threes now in the online modes but those same players can't make anything offline due to the higher difficulty setting. We still need at least one offline mode where we can shoot properly and progress through the evolution and agenda goals because there’s no good option right now besides going head to head against another person.
How are percentages looking? I may not go out and get Allan Houston depending on how it looks

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 09-06-2020, 01:19 PM   #30
Rookie

I just finished an 8 minute quarter on Superstar on Quick Play, Pelicans (me) VS Hornets. After one quarter the percentages were 17% (me) VS 0% CPU. All their points (6) came from free throws.

So Superstar is still... the same.
Old 09-06-2020, 01:23 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSavage
I just finished an 8 minute quarter on Superstar on Quick Play, Pelicans (me) VS Hornets. After one quarter the percentages were 17% (me) VS 0% CPU. All their points (6) came from free throws.

So Superstar is still... the same.
It may sound different but this is good to hear.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2020, 02:16 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
Having to use absolute stick orientation really kills it for me.
i use to use absolute and to be truthful. it is Technically best for any 2k game. it just is. i hate that. but i've been off absolute for years. just because I want the game to FEEL more realistic. I dont want to push the same direction even though i'm on the side. because I want to visually push the direction of my player's angle. whatever he's facing thats how i want to shoot. with goes back to what i've said on this board numerous times.

Why does Mike and the folks from 2k keep beating around the bush? Just completely copy old NBA Elite 11 controls as far as shooting goes and the basic ball handling. there are some other buttons you can add in there to pull off the rest of your dribbling moves, icon passing, play calling etc.

i could go into great detail about that if yall want me to.

Listen, pulling down on any camera angle is trash. there's no way around it. Why? it's not realistic to the game of basketball. its realistic i guess to video game 2k basketball. Its not intuitive. it just isnt. and why 2k keeps forcing that. i just cant get with it. i know why. they dont know what to do with the hessy inside out dribble move when you push up and other moves. because again, they dont want to go full on Elite 11 controls then build the new stuff from there. but they should. stop fighting it.

THat elite 11 shooting was BY FAR the most SIM shooting of any basketball game EVER. its not even close. What we have today on 2k21 is a system that makes shooting more difficult but not for basketball reasons. purely for making it difficult reasons. thats not how you create a mechanic for a basketball game that should incorporate some nice sim into it. which a game from like 10 years ago has already done in regards to shooting.

That elite 11 made you have to get in the gym as Czar said and work on your shot. but it felt rewarding. Why? because it was realistic. If i'm fading hard left or right, i better steady my shot in the air to aim more right or more left while releasing it with the proper power(push) to get the shot up. Just like real life. You start from there and then you build out how often one should make what, how large the green area will be etc. but fix that first or leave the shot stick aiming mechanic alone. just making hard doesnt mean its remotely realistic or sim at all. it just hard for hard sake. thats not fun even if you figure out. it still aint fun.

and for the record. i'm going to give yall the tip to making shots. #1 get a dude that can shoot 80s+. in addition, get that flexible release. thats how most of these people are popping these jumpers. They have it on. it doesnt work like last year where it only popped up for super early or super late releases which would only happen with new 2k players. the rest of us know how to get full whites, greens or slight lates/slight earlies most times. we didnt need last years flex release. that was purely for newbs and babies. it was an onboarding badge to 2k for new folks.

this years flex release works on any early any late...at least until they update and change it. lol. so if you see people greening or just money in the rec/pro am/park. best believe they got that flex release on their guy. its not because they figured out the aiming system that fast.

And here's my last point. i agree, they shouldnt always get pressured into changing it BACK to the way it was. because the way it was, wasnt great either. FIX it PROPERLY. GO to Elite 11 shooting and stop this nonsense. UP is to shoot, but based on the camera angle you have to shoot the Up for your guys angle. meaning if he's on the sideline, his up is to the left or right 3 oclock or 9 o'clock depending on which side of the court you're on. this will be easier to master because its more realistic and closer to what you visually see.

you want to shoot a bank shot.. release with a bit more power and aim it off to the side of the rim. LIKE REAL LIFE.
and double lastly, lol.

This game right now is worse than 2k21. even with some of the stuff i do lik about this game like the speed, the quickness of the players, the foot planting. i love how they fixed the slo mo animation of the step back jumper or the hop step back jumper i may call it. its so fast(realistic) i have to get use to the timing since I'm use to that slo motion version.

what i hate is they still have the over powered Defender animations in the game. Defender players are still ball magnets. you pass it to your teammate 8 feet to the right of a defender. and the ball will go straight to the defender. HOW SWAY?
thats not physics, thats a ball magnet. Thats not defense, thats not a skills gap. Thats giving someone a steal for doing nothing but standing semi close to a guy and not even reacting in that direction.
same with rebounds. stop this gifting of rebounds just cause a guy is a rebounder. make them work for it. box out, time the jump. just give them better rebounding moves, better/stronger box out abilities than the rest of us. but stop allowing guys to be completely out of position being boxed out by 2 people and still just hit Jump and snag. that aint skills based. thats a gift 2k.

So since they havent fixed the OP nature of defenders and rebounders. if you add in the broken open jumpers. you have a game where its 100% inside. which means bigs and everyone else will just sit in the paint. that aint high level basketball 2k. come on guys. fix the game. and before anyone says it. I have that $99 copy and already dropped some cash on VC> so i have a right to speak my mind. in addition, i didnt just complain. I gave them fixes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »