Home

Why does MyCareer mode feel like they didn't complete it?

This is a discussion on Why does MyCareer mode feel like they didn't complete it? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2020, 12:24 PM   #25
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why does MyCareer mode feel like they didn't complete it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
This is a sports video game. This isn't Zelda or God Of War. The "story" was always forced and always detracted from the gameplay. If they cut ALL cutscenes in MC they could focus more on gameplay.

Sorry you guys never made it to the NBA in real life. But it's like Spiderman's Origin story. It doesn't need to be re-told EVERY YEAR.
People complained forever about getting drafted. Then they implemented the draft, but when you got picked, they had the REAL NBA player who got drafted at that spot still in the team. That didn't break your "immersion"?

Lol...

How about Shammy or "Sarge" last year taking roster spots from REAL NBA players?

Scrap the entire story line and just give us a SUPER gameplay focused and in depth career mode!

This is MY career. I don't want 2k giving me a corny forced story line ever year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2020, 04:16 PM   #26
Pro

goledensilence's Arena

Well we should have known that 2K was going to do the bare minimum for this game being that next gen is 2 months away. They did the same thing last time.
Old 09-08-2020, 04:26 PM   #27
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
I don't really care for the stories. But I do miss the interviews and press conferences. It's the only thing that really separates 2k's career mode from other sports games career modes ever since they introduced it way back in 2k11. Being able to hear myplayers voice even as annoying as it is for some of you guys still gets me excited. Not having that is a bummer. I really hope they are in 2k21 next gen.
I actually don't mind the stories if it's well-written. I just got tired of all the sideline interviews with Shaq and Kenny, post-game conferences, and the same cutscene where I decide to greet fans or go do something else. I just want to play the story mode, then only play games to grind my badges and overall afterwards.
Old 09-08-2020, 11:59 PM   #28
MVP

zello144's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
and the same cutscene where I decide to greet fans or go do something else.
Bruh that stuff was weird in 2k20 lol. Our player looking all serious and sweating over whether or not to greet those fans. Then it wouldn't even give you an option and our player just kept walking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »