Home

NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Gameplay Blog (Part 1 of 3) - Pro Stick Shooting, Pro Stick Dribbling, Passing & More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Gameplay Blog (Part 1 of 3) - Pro Stick Shooting, Pro Stick Dribbling, Passing & More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2020, 12:46 PM   #25
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Gameplay Blog (Part 1 of 3) - Pro Stick Shooting, Pro Stick Dri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Meter, aim and arc to just take a jump shot.

Seems like a lot to do for an OG player like myself......lol
That's what I'm saying man. More complicated than taking a jump shot in real life.

Maybe with practice it will become second nature but I was struggling with aiming in the current gen demo and this seems to have another layer of complexity to it. I'll give it a try but have a feeling I'll go back to simply timing on the sticks as long as it doesn't put me at some kind of disadvantage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2020, 12:46 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Gameplay Blog (Part 1 of 3) - Pro Stick Shooting, Pro Stick Dri

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Haven't read the entire blog yet, really only got through the shooting section , but my initial impression is that shooting seems to be getting to a point where it's a bit more complicated than it needs to be. On the one hand it's cool to have that much control over your shot but on the other hand it's a lot to process everytime you go to take a shot (was I fast or slow on the stick? Is the aim spot on the left or right? Do I want a high arc or not? Do I want to attempt to bank it in?* I'm not even think that much when I shoot in real life. In fact I feel like most shooters shoot best when they aren't thinking and they are just letting it fly and come natural.*
Of course I know we have the tools and settings to adjust to our liking I just worry that in the future innovation in these games will come from making things more complex and more complicated. Maybe I'm just reaching that age where I prefer my games to be more on the simpler side.*
The huge problem is, why the h.. we're still talking about this much and investing this much about shooting? (And beside it's the worst part of the game atm. after all, LOL)

Haven't we had all this much sources implemented or wasted the times game after game, game after game to shooting?

When won't we hear anything about shooting but a lot more on other fundamentals?

That's why this is all became bluh bluh to me as the year after year talking about shooting but nothing else.
Old 10-07-2020, 12:52 PM   #27
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
That's a whole lot of talking which happened in every other iterations they released starting current gen NBA2k, and mostly after 2k16 none they talk has been completely delivered or delivered but regressed with patches right after.

I'm sorry to be the guy but i'm not really feeling it at all. Very very short period of time has passed with current gen blog, all we need is to remember some, that's all. Just a bit of memory is the solution.

This started with current gen gameplay blog, all that promise none delivered or regressed with the first patch and now it seems like a bluh bluh and more gimmicky bluh bluh.
I cant even argue with your point because that is the solid truth.....
good points
Old 10-07-2020, 01:08 PM   #28
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyIce
That seems like a lot of details going in to taking a shot. I hope it’s not too complicated for an old guy like me. I hope we have multiple options to choose from as far as shooting controls go. I don’t like that we have to get timing, aiming and shot arc correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's nice to have options but these should all be for more difficult shots like runners, floaters, or fadeaways. No good NBA shooter is thinking about his arc/aim/timing on a wide open jumper. That's like the last thing you would want going through your head lol
Old 10-07-2020, 01:14 PM   #29
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Spoiler

If you've been following the series and blogs long enough it starts to feel like deja vu with some of this stuff: "Better foot planting!", "Better animations and physics, less canned animations!", "more control, better responsiveness" etc. I'm looking forward to the changes and improvements just hope they fix the issues they're suppose to, don't present any new problems, and don't become broken after a patch or two
Old 10-07-2020, 01:18 PM   #30
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaVsFaN2273

Crowd seems more interested in watching the opposite side of the court in most of these clips
Old 10-07-2020, 01:20 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 1

That finishing with aiming bit is already in the current gen game. I finish a lot better than button users only drawback is if I’m off the mark I miss “bunnies”. Good to see they doubled down on aiming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2020, 01:25 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 3

I love the control that's been added. It's long over due and I'm interested to play with the functionality. Also, I hope the ability to choose arch is for lays ups as well. Too many times I've seen the defender on a drive, but the layup was put low on the glass, and served on a platter for a block.

Dislikes:

- That's not Harden's size up, and as Rockets fan it bothers me that he's been on the cover and they've never gotten his Euros, size up or stepbacks right.

- that off the backboard pass looked unnatural. The animation had a soft, lob look to the pass, but the ball ricocheted off the ( high!) glass with some spice.

- That step back by Booker has the same 'arms too short' look to it

HOPEFULLY THE CHANGES TO PASSING ELIMINATES VEERING PASS RECIPIENTS TO DEFENDERS SO THEY CAN INTERCEPT IT OR GIVING A SLOW, EXAGGERATED PASS ANIMATION TO TO SYNC WITH A STEAL !!! IT PUNISHES SIM-BALL AND REWARDS STEAL SPAMMING. #SKILLGAPLOL

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 10-07-2020 at 01:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »