Home

NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Gameplay Video with the Developers - New Game Modes & Features to be Revealed Thursday

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Gameplay Video with the Developers - New Game Modes & Features to be Revealed Thursday within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2020, 01:57 PM   #81
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Video From the Developers

Spoiler

I'm completely with this. If people are disappointed and have criticisms that's fine. Nothing wrong with having that opinion.

For me and others we are going to enjoy all the positives we see instead of looking for and honing in on any negatives or short comings. I'm sure there will be things I dislike about the game once I get it and spend time with it but at the end of the day it's a videogame I play for fun. Games have flaws, always have always will. I've been playing and enjoying these games, despite their flaws, since 2k2 released on PS2 and this looks like it will be the best version to date. Hard for me to be upset.

My perspective is basically "what do I have to complain about?" Been playing games since NES and Sega Genesis. Hard for me to be upset because defensive AI isn't perfect or that a player's body type isn't completely accurate. People are free to be upset but for me, and probably others, these games are pretty much beyond anything I could have expected growing up playing these games.

Last edited by scottyp180; 10-27-2020 at 02:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2020, 01:58 PM   #82
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
How about go back to EA HQ and continue to beg them to bring back NBA Live to "compete" against NBA 2K?

I’m good fam.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-27-2020, 02:05 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 0

This is not next gen effort. Lighting is playing tricks on a lot of people in these forums. The movement is too animation focused and makes the game look stiff. Underwhelming.
Old 10-27-2020, 02:07 PM   #84
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Spoiler

I'm completely with this. If people are disappointed and have criticisms that's fine. Nothing wrong with having that opinion.

For me and others we are going to enjoy all the positives we see instead of looking for and honing in on any negatives or short comings. I'm sure there will be things I dislike about the game once I get it and spend time with it but at the end of the day it's a videogame I play for fun. Games have flaws, always have always will. I've been playing and enjoying these games, despite their flaws, since 2k2 released on PS2 and this looks like it will be the best version to date. Hard for me to be upset.

My perspective is basically "what do I have to complain about?" Been playing games since NES and Sega Genesis. Hard for me to be upset because defensive AI isn't perfect or that a player's body type isn't completely accurate. People are free to be upset but for me, and probably others, these games are pretty much beyond anything I could have expected growing up playing these games.
I agree. I have never viewed video games as "perfect" or supposed to be photorealistic when it comes to graphics. I just know that when I fire up my XBSX on my 4KTV with NBA 2K21, I will have little complaints. I'll probably complain more about my opponents than the game itself. I still stand by my belief that it's the gamers that make this game "terrible" and not the developers. Cheesers will cheese.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 10-27-2020 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-27-2020, 02:08 PM   #85
Rookie

MikeBadge's Arena

Y'all think "MyNBA" is the new MyLeague/MyGM or was he just referring to the companion app?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2020, 02:26 PM   #86
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBadge
Y'all think "MyNBA" is the new MyLeague/MyGM or was he just referring to the companion app?
I hope it's a combination of the two and we get to choose which aspects we'd like to enable/disable. There are aspects of MyGM like the owner interaction and staff having badges that I have always wanted in MyLeague. ML spans 80 years. We need more interactivity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-27-2020, 02:37 PM   #87
Rookie

Not as big of a leap as I expected. Kinda disappointed tbh.
Old 10-27-2020, 02:43 PM   #88
MVP

2 commentary teams, that's awesome. What we really need though is more than one presentation/graphics package. One based on TNT, one based on Fox Sports, one based on NBC Sportsnet would be perfect!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »