Home

60 overall AI in rec?

This is a discussion on 60 overall AI in rec? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2020, 10:15 AM   #9
Rookie

Cardinal Sin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 60 overall AI in rec?

Yep, pretty much just have to echo what others have said in this thread, that it was a good idea at a base level (speed up matchmaking, particularly when the amount of people with the console is relatively small) but a terrible implementation. There are so many better solutions, from random nba players (within a certain overall range), to just putting in 80-85 rated AIs who are actually somewhat competent.

The 60 overall AIs just further punishes people who don't go in with full squads of 5 (who are already at a big disadvantage as is), and I don't get why 2k consistently does this when they should if at all possible try to lure those 5 stacks into organized Pro-am while leaving Rec more for randoms.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:49 AM   #10
MVP

jk31's Arena

havent we been at this point when they first introduced proam (2k15 or 2k16?)? at first you could Not Play with less than 5 people, then they gave you very Bad AI players incapable of everything and then they made it so that the AI players Were at least solid players.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:17 AM   #11
Pro

kdurantmvp's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Sin
Yep, pretty much just have to echo what others have said in this thread, that it was a good idea at a base level (speed up matchmaking, particularly when the amount of people with the console is relatively small) but a terrible implementation. There are so many better solutions, from random nba players (within a certain overall range), to just putting in 80-85 rated AIs who are actually somewhat competent.

The 60 overall AIs just further punishes people who don't go in with full squads of 5 (who are already at a big disadvantage as is), and I don't get why 2k consistently does this when they should if at all possible try to lure those 5 stacks into organized Pro-am while leaving Rec more for randoms.

Apparently they also took away rep from pro am so now folks really going to not play in pro am and instead go to the rec to now not only beat up on randoms but now more than likely randoms with AI who is brain dead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2020, 02:32 PM   #12
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

Stupidest idea ever. Leave it to 2K. Multi million dollar company with common brain farts. Like who signs off on these trash ideas?
Old 11-29-2020, 03:29 PM   #13
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Yeah....I'm not sure how this was put into place without ONE person stepping in and saying how much of a bad idea it is. At the VERY least have them guard shooters?....they literally made them as incompetent as possible.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2020, 01:34 AM   #14
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Yall not making me wanna buy the new system
Old 11-30-2020, 10:45 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
Yall not making me wanna buy the new system

The gameplay is fantastic. There’s just quite a few questionable design choices. Some are things easily fixable - like the 60 AI teammates in Rec and a host of small stat bugs. Others, like the unbalanced Myplayer builder, we’re probably stuck with. Honestly, if they hadn’t created these ridiculous PF builds and had lowered the point spread in the builder, this game would blow any other 2K I’ve played out of the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2020, 11:41 AM   #16
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Jazzman had a good suggestion the other day. Why not just give us random NBA players at the missing position? You've got an entire league to choose from, so just make it luck of the draw. Hell, you can even give us some of the losers from some of these 2K stories. I'd much rather take my chances with Shammy Wells, Jackson Ellis, and even ATM. These 60 OVR players are worthless.

But more importantly than all of that, why is the logic so bad? I understand they're supposed to be low rated, but that doesn't mean they should be completely braindead.

Shooters get free buckets all game because the AI refuses to play them tight. It doesn't matter if they've been lit up for 50 points, they'll continue to keep a car length of space between them. So as a team you're forced to overhelp because it's either that or give up the 3-pointer anyway.

We used to be able to make AI adjustments in the Rec several 2K's ago, but they stopped giving point guards that option for some reason. So we can't tell the AI to play tight, we can't switch who they guard, and when you pass to them they either shoot immediately or refuse to take the open shot.

What's good, 2K? This is just silly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »