Home

Da_Czar is back with a 27 min stream

This is a discussion on Da_Czar is back with a 27 min stream within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2021, 12:21 PM   #25
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Da_Czar is back with a 27 min stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
And think, someone else was working on defense and they gave it to czar. Why? I would bet it was not to just save money. It was probably becuase czar's offense was so far ahead that they needed him to work on the defense so that the offense wasnt so overpowered lol These things are interconnected
It’s because Scott OG was in charge of defence and left for EA 2 months prior to release. So they dumped defence on Czar and he didn’t know or understand how it worked. He spent two months just trying to learn the new system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2021, 01:10 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
It’s because Scott OG was in charge of defence and left for EA 2 months prior to release. So they dumped defence on Czar and he didn’t know or understand how it worked. He spent two months just trying to learn the new system.
We understand that but the offense was always worlds apart from the defence on this game. Czar is better at what he does.
Old 02-12-2021, 02:32 PM   #27
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
We understand that but the offense was always worlds apart from the defence on this game. Czar is better at what he does.
Yes and no. Czar is good, but I always felt that the defense was mostly hampered and negated by the offensive badges. You can play defense on this game, but all the damn offensive badges just allows the offense to "trump" the defense. I had a roster on NBA 2K19 where I removed ALL the badges...man, the gameplay was night and day. It's one of the reasons why NBA 2K11 is still my GOAT, but I liked NBA 2K19 and 2K20 respectively. Next-gen NBA 2K21 (as I stated many times before), I just chalked up as a Pandemic casualty. I'm not going to be one those people screaming at the top of their lungs "That's not excuse!". No, it's not an excuse. It was a factor that had an impact on the development process.

Hell...Czar being in the hospital IS an example right now as we're speaking. He wasn't able to make the changes he wanted for the patch due to his condition.
Old 02-12-2021, 02:35 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Yes and no. Czar is good, but I always felt that the defense was mostly hampered and negated by the offensive badges. You can play defense on this game, but all the damn offensive badges just allows the offense to "trump" the defense. I had a roster on NBA 2K19 where I removed ALL the badges...man, the gameplay was night and day. It's one of the reasons why NBA 2K11 is still my GOAT, but I liked NBA 2K19 and 2K20 respectively. Next-gen NBA 2K21 (as I stated many times before), I just chalked up as a Pandemic casualty. I'm not going to be one those people screaming at the top of their lungs "That's not excuse!". No, it's not an excuse. It was a factor that had an impact on the development process.

Hell...Czar being in the hospital IS an example right now as we're speaking. He wasn't able to make the changes he wanted for the patch due to his condition.
Maybe I should dedicate some time to remove all of the badges form 2K21 and see how it plays out

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-12-2021, 02:35 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture Rot
I used to watch his videos very often, and they seemed to change in the past several years away from what they originally were. I suppose because he is now actually responsible for aspects of the gameplay that his videos no longer focus on constructive criticism? In this video he says it will be a few years before he can get things to where he wants them, and leaves it with "The game is playable". They are selling this game for like $100. That isn't acceptable.
For someone that allegedly watched his older content, you didn't understand the message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
You arealso why we dont get developers trying to provide any sort of transparency. Like what did you want from him? He gave you an honest timeline and you're criticizing the man for being upfront
The truth is many people just want someone to point a finger at and place blame on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
Case in point. You can be complimentary to Czar without throwing Scott under the bus in the same breath.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 02-12-2021, 02:41 PM   #30
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dione2014
Maybe I should dedicate some time to remove all of the badges form 2K21 and see how it plays out

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Try it! It was so nice when I played offline with my friends! It made me realize that the "core" NBA 2K is a damn solid game, and it's really on par with what NBA 2K11 offered. Don't get me wrong, it's not perfect, but it definitely becomes a better game.
Old 02-12-2021, 07:09 PM   #31
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Try it! It was so nice when I played offline with my friends! It made me realize that the "core" NBA 2K is a damn solid game, and it's really on par with what NBA 2K11 offered. Don't get me wrong, it's not perfect, but it definitely becomes a better game.
How do you remove the badges?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2021, 10:22 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by real2kinsider
Case in point. You can be complimentary to Czar without throwing Scott under the bus in the same breath.
Saying someone is better than someone at something isn't throwing throwing anyone under the bus. Its an observation devoid of insults.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »