Home

NBA 2K22 Screenshots

This is a discussion on NBA 2K22 Screenshots within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2021, 09:31 AM   #25
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: First NBA 2K22 Pic

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2021, 09:55 AM   #26
Pro

Lagoa's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
****! In this pics, 2K21 its way better! Look at skin..... just yellow is better in 2K22....

This is definitely not good! It seems to me that 2K has returned to making players' skin look less shiny, opaque.
Old 08-10-2021, 11:22 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoa
****! In this pics, 2K21 its way better! Look at skin..... just yellow is better in 2K22....

This is definitely not good! It seems to me that 2K has returned to making players' skin look less shiny, opaque.
I felt the same about the other comparison pics too. 21 looks better somehow. Maybe other than the colors. But press pics that are adjusted in hue etc. are not even valid comparisons considering the 21 pics are straight from in game.
Old 08-10-2021, 01:11 PM   #28
Rookie

Looks like they’ve hit a wall in the art department, same glossy cartoonish look
Old 08-10-2021, 02:14 PM   #29
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masai
Looks like they’ve hit a wall in the art department, same glossy cartoonish look
At this point they would likely have to commit to an art overhaul for it to look like an entirely different game. I'd say since 2k14, maybe earlier, they've basically just been putting a new coat of paint over on the same art. The same is true of gameplay but that's a different conversation.

The art complaints don't bother me as much as others. You show this game off to people that don't play 2k year after year and the majority of them will think it's a good representation of the on tv product. But for people that play 2k year after year or NBA fans looking for a near 1 to 1 recreation of what they see on TV I can see how 2K can disappoint with some art choices. I wonder if they will have a bigger emphasis on visuals once they commit to a "nextgen" PC version of the game.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:14 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 25

Idk what they be doing in that studio lol

I played 2k16 the other day & some of the players looked surprisingly better than some of the next-gen players.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:50 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
At this point they would likely have to commit to an art overhaul for it to look like an entirely different game. I'd say since 2k14, maybe earlier, they've basically just been putting a new coat of paint over on the same art. The same is true of gameplay but that's a different conversation.

The art complaints don't bother me as much as others. You show this game off to people that don't play 2k year after year and the majority of them will think it's a good representation of the on tv product. But for people that play 2k year after year or NBA fans looking for a near 1 to 1 recreation of what they see on TV I can see how 2K can disappoint with some art choices. I wonder if they will have a bigger emphasis on visuals once they commit to a "nextgen" PC version of the game.
Even beyond the generic player models, most of the uniforms look washed in comparison to the actual colorways. If they could just get that correct it would go a long way.
Introduce visible stitching, jersey sweat, creasing etc.

Last edited by Masai; 08-10-2021 at 02:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2021, 04:55 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

New Luka pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210810_165443.jpg (134.7 KB, 302 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »