Home

2K desperately needs to move away from guaranteed makes/greens

This is a discussion on 2K desperately needs to move away from guaranteed makes/greens within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2021, 07:05 PM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2K desperately needs to move away from guaranteed makes/greens

The greens are really ruining the game since it affects how you play defence.

But anyways, that doesnt seems to be the discussion here…

2k is making a great product. GREAT! And they are focusing on ”rebuilding the defence” which by no means is a ”gimmickly selling point”.

Its by bo means perfect and there is a degree of greediness but still… if you play every game in a season in mycareer without spending any money you will be like a 86 rated player with 30
badges by the start of year 2. You hardly have to buy VC as an offline mycareer-player and in the mygm mode you get the, by far, greatest franschise mode there has ever been in any game.

They are not perfect by any means but come on… the pure bashing of the game should stop.

Great graphics, great presentation, den franschise mode, loads och custimization option, great single player campaign and great support for online gaming (except for the peoole that hunting for exploits)

2k:s nba is the greatest sports game in the world by far and although not perfect i really dont understand the huge amount of whining.

Skickat från min iPhone med Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2021, 09:04 AM   #162
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrey25
You must’ve haven’t seen modern day shooters then, I know that I’ll make 70 percent of wide open 3s, mids, layups, and etc if it’s open, y’all complain about greens when 2k should improve its defense to combat the greens
LOL

what a clown
Old 09-05-2021, 08:13 AM   #163
Rookie

Mortiis's Arena

''greens'' are the dumbest BS 2k ever invented in the game...totally ruins the experience
Old 09-05-2021, 09:06 PM   #164
MVP

Nah modern shooters don’t make anywhere close to 70% of wide open threes lmao. How many clown plays do we see where players could drive to the rack on a wide open layup or dunk fast break but instead kick out to a bozo who bricks. Most threes are uncontested these days anyway. Nowhere near 70%.
Old 09-06-2021, 04:05 PM   #165
Pro

Ragnar53's Arena

The NBA as a whole shoots just about 40% from 3 when left WIDE OPEN. 40 percent.

Not 70%.

Nowhere close to that number.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2021, 04:52 PM   #166
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar53
The NBA as a whole shoots just about 40% from 3 when left WIDE OPEN. 40 percent.

Not 70%.

Nowhere close to that number.
People are hilarious. Dude obviously missed the playoffs where it was more like 70% misses on wide open threes.
Old 09-06-2021, 05:35 PM   #167
MVP

jk31's Arena

like said many times: in his best season, the best shooter of All time (steph Curry) shot 53 % on wide open shots. you can Look up These Stats on nba.com Player tracking Stats pages.
Old 09-14-2021, 04:35 PM   #168
MVP

jk31's Arena

I am right now testing the shooting (standard superstar sliders) for our online league. I am taking notes of every three point attempt by me and my (human) opponent that is taken, which was open (I consider below 10 % contest as open) and not completely mistimed (so no very early/late shots).

I am not considering in the 3pt rating of a player as this would be too much during a game. But as its nearly impossible to get early/late releases from 3 with shooters below 70 this is neglectable. Basically no shots were taken by players with a 3pt rating of below 77.

I only played 4 games yet, but here are the numbers I accumulated:

Early: 13.3 % (4/30)
Slightly Early: 5.6 % (2/36)
Perfect: 100 % (40/40)
Slightly Late: 31.3 % (5/16)
Late: 0.0 % (0/3)

Early/Late: 12.1 % (4/33)

Slightly Early/Late: 13.5 % (7/52)
Non Greens: 12.9 % (11/85)
Total Shot Percentage: 40.8 % (51/125)

In my opinion it's crazy how many greens there are this year. Every third (open and not mistimed) attempt is a green. And this is while we did not really practice that much resulting in many early/late shots that could be "upgraded" to slightly or even green releases with more practice. On the other hand non greens are not falling at all. 13 % on not perfect but still good timed shots with solid to good shooters? That's really really bad. Another funny thing is that there seems to be no difference between early/late and slightly early/late. I would expect a big increase in shot percentage when being able to at least get a slightly release.

Especially as I fear (I need more numbers for that) that good shooters with badges get far more greens than average shooters with no badges. If true, this will result in way too high shooting numbers for the likes of Steph Curry while average shooters that 2k gave no badges (many rotation players that shoot like 35 % in real life) will not hit a thing as they get far less greens.

It has at least been like that in 2k21 where guys like Raul Neto (85 3pt, no badges) or Myles Turner (77 3pt, no badges) shot roughly 20 % from deep in our league while Tobias Harris and the Curry brothers were close to 60 % over the season.

Another thing I wanna test is the new "shot timing malus" slider available to us. Maybe we can finetune shooting if we increase the difficulty of getting a green (by reducing the 3pt slider) and simultaneously increasing the shot percentage of non-green shots (by reducing the timing malus slider). If this works out we could bring shot percentages of averages and good shooters closer together and to more realistic numbers.

Last edited by jk31; 09-14-2021 at 04:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »