Home

NBA 2K22 Details For Seasons and WNBA Coming This Week - Gameplay Next Week

This is a discussion on NBA 2K22 Details For Seasons and WNBA Coming This Week - Gameplay Next Week within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2021, 08:55 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K22 Upcoming News Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
So it's gameplay week. What do you guys expect? I'm betting on more next gen sweat 2.0.
Gameplay trailer tomorrow, blog on thursday or friday and some actual gameplay this week but I doubt it...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A515F met Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2021, 10:56 AM   #66
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
So it's gameplay week. What do you guys expect? I'm betting on more next gen sweat because nothing shows off next gen tech by having more sweat.
I'm expecting a more updated version of 2Ks old lock on defense from around 2K9ish, IIRC.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-30-2021, 11:14 AM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by emelki1968
It is not the savior, but it helped 2K to be better and push the envelope. The last 5-6 years without them 2K has been doing a lot changes to get more micro transactions but the gameplay hasn't evolved.
The gameplay hasn't evolved because 2k is trying to innovate in the mycareer/Park portion of the game. I actually wish we could do without the neighborhood/city all together and have the focus go into the NBA experience.
Old 08-30-2021, 05:01 PM   #68
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
It is not the savior, but it helped 2K to be better and push the envelope. The last 5-6 years without them 2K has been doing a lot changes to get more micro transactions but the gameplay hasn't evolved.
Did it? I didn't get the impression that Live 15-19 pushed 2k at all except for maybe the online modes, which I don't think is the issue people have with 2k.

In terms of gameplay I think 2k would have progressed at the same rate with or without the most recent Live releases. It's not like 2k was making game altering improvements each year. It felt like the same exact things we've seen the last few years, refinements and building upon the previous releases which is what 2k has pretty much always done.
Old 08-30-2021, 06:29 PM   #69
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
The gameplay has changed over there years, but it's basketball. The real game hasn't really changed that much over the years. NBA Live's existence has had very little impact on NBA 2K's development. Someone mentioned the online modes. I mentioned earlier that 2KSports may have stolen the shot meter by the hand from them. After those items, what have NBA Live done to make 2KSports even acknowledge that they exist? I swear I read somewhere that NBA Live 19 didn't even break 100K in sales.

EDIT: I can't find the article, but I know it was some crazy low number.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 08-30-2021 at 06:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »