Home

NBA 2K22 The W Features New Player Progression, Off-Day Experience, Updates For The W Online & More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K22 The W Features New Player Progression, Off-Day Experience, Updates For The W Online & More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2021, 10:57 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K22 The W Features New Player Progression, Off-Day Experience, Updates For T

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
You’d think at this point they’d market themselves as a separate product. It’s been 20 years and they still need the NBA to subsidize them.

It’s been a failed business venture for 2 decades now, the nba needs to stop catering to the woke crowd that doesn’t support their league.
Until they spice it up it's going nowhere on basketball talent alone. It basically needs to become the XFL but for basketball for people to watch lol. I'm glad it exists so that both sexes have a professional sport to strive for, but as a product that generates fans and revenue, it's been bad for awhile.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2021, 11:00 PM   #26
Banned

Re: NBA 2K22 The W Features New Player Progression, Off-Day Experience, Updates For T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
Attachment 194867

You guys are weird
Seriously who says "weird" that isn't 8 years old lmaooo

But it's a good word for people who have no argument to use.
Old 08-27-2021, 12:16 AM   #27
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Why is it the ones who bring up age are always the most childish?
Old 08-27-2021, 01:10 AM   #28
Pro

Ragnar53's Arena

I quit 2k21 around in January/Febuary when I knew for a fact I wasn't gonna get a PS5 or Xbox Series X.

Was the WNBA ever playable online in 21 next gen? Is it playable online in 22? If not, then what's the point of any of this if we can't use the real players online?
Old 08-27-2021, 01:13 AM   #29
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

It's not a separate product, though. It's all the NBA. The league is a business so they must see some value in the WNBA. Who cares if the NBA subsidies it? The NBA is worth billions why do I care how they spend their money.

The Euroleague has some of the best players in the world and pays millions. It's fine. 2K had the Euroleague for a few years and dropped them. As sloppy as they were I actually enjoyed playing with the different players and I started following the league. I'd have never done that if not for 2K. I'm guessing the vast majority of 2K players didnt care or touch the teams. That's fine, too. It didnt cost them a thing. The WNBA isnt any different.

I have learned though that when I see stuff like "shoved down our throats", "feminist" and "woke" the type I'm dealing with so I roll my eyes and ignore em. Not worth the time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-27-2021, 01:24 AM   #30
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan Darkside
Don't like it, don't play it. There are plenty of other modes you can play. They have other gamers they need to cater to besides us.
It's like going to your favorite steak restaurant and complaining because they added chicken to the menu. Why? Your dish is still there. Just order that and enjoy. Nope, cant do that. I gotta be a victim of some nefarious "agenda".

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-27-2021, 02:41 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndempsey
Saying "you are wrong with the world" might not be the best response to having an open dialogue. I'd say it's a fair question in regards to 2k putting such an emphasis on the WNBA inside of a video game marketed as being an NBA game. In line with the question, I would genuinely be curious to see how many users play the WNBA mode.
With a limited amount of resources (both time and money) available towards the improvement of a game released annually, I think the question merits an answer.
Well said. From a business perspective it seems like a weird decision to dedicate so many resources towards the WNBA side of the game. The WNBA is obviously not a very successful league. It doesn't typically bring in good crowds, bring in many eyeballs on TV, etc. It's fair to ask why 2k is choosing to prioritize it.

Maybe they have data that shows the WNBA gameplay is popular enough to dedicate these resources to it. Maybe they aren't doing it for primarily financial reasons, but it is more of a "want to" type of deal.

Given the demand of each product, the NBA and the WNBA, compared to one another and compared to other sports, there is no comparison. The WNBA is not popular at all, but maybe this is an effort to change that.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2021, 03:24 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
You’d think at this point they’d market themselves as a separate product. It’s been 20 years and they still need the NBA to subsidize them.

It’s been a failed business venture for 2 decades now, the nba needs to stop catering to the woke crowd that doesn’t support their league.

Say you’re an inbred racist without saying…

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »