Home

NBA 2K22 Gameplay Improvements Revealed - Defense, Dribbling, Post Play, Shooting, Finishing, Badges & More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K22 Gameplay Improvements Revealed - Defense, Dribbling, Post Play, Shooting, Finishing, Badges & More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2021, 04:03 PM   #81
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K22 Gameplay Improvements Revealed - Defense, Dribbling, Post Play, Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray_iv_m3rcy
Crossing my fingers that 2k has a performance mode for next gen consoles
Oh yes! Please!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2021, 04:25 PM   #82
Pro

Re: NBA 2K22 Gameplay Improvements Revealed - Defense, Dribbling, Post Play, Shooting

I read all that and quite a few of the comments, but still sitting here all sad waiting on MyNBA/franchise news/improvements. Is it getting any love this year?
Old 08-31-2021, 04:34 PM   #83
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray_iv_m3rcy
You wouldn't be saying this if you spent 500 bucks on a new console on top of whatever the price of your new monitor you purchased to take advantage of the hardware.
You are correct, of course. But you should have other games to take advantage of your new-gen console. Think of all the many gamers who can't get a new gen console. There is a reason developers decided to go this route. I'm sure it would take less time and resources to work only on the new gen version, but it would also hurt sales. If All these old gen owners found out that that this year's game is copy-paste with a roster update, many would probably wait for a price drop or give up buying the game until they can find/afford a new console.

I think once new gen consoles are easy to find and more people get back to work, we will stop seeing all these cross-gen games, and the main focus will be new gen.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 08-31-2021, 04:58 PM   #84
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
You are correct, of course. But you should have other games to take advantage of your new-gen console. Think of all the many gamers who can't get a new gen console. There is a reason developers decided to go this route. I'm sure it would take less time and resources to work only on the new gen version, but it would also hurt sales. If All these old gen owners found out that that this year's game is copy-paste with a roster update, many would probably wait for a price drop or give up buying the game until they can find/afford a new console.

I think once new gen consoles are easy to find and more people get back to work, we will stop seeing all these cross-gen games, and the main focus will be new gen.
I'm sorry. What you said sounded good in spirit, but it's BS. If I buy a next generation console, then I expect the best performance that the developers can give to me on that console. It's not my fault that people can't get next generation consoles. That's like scaling back PC games, because people can't afford expensive gaming rigs. If you've been playing video games long enough, I think most people assume that they're not going to get all the bells and whistles that comes with the power of the next generation consoles. Why should I have to wait two or three years for game developers to take advantage of the new hardware?

I recognize that there is a learning curve for them as well, but don't intentionally dumb down my version because you feel sorry for the previous generation.
Old 08-31-2021, 05:10 PM   #85
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I'm sorry. What you said sounded good in spirit, but it's BS. If I buy a next generation console, then I expect the best performance that the developers can give to me on that console. It's not my fault that people can't get next generation consoles. That's like scaling back PC games, because people can't afford expensive gaming rigs. If you've been playing video games long enough, I think most people assume that they're not going to get all the bells and whistles that comes with the power of the next generation consoles. Why should I have to wait two or three years for game developers to take advantage of the new hardware?

I recognize that there is a learning curve for them as well, but don't intentionally dumb down my version because you feel sorry for the previous generation.
Again, you are right, nothing to say to make you be wrong. But corporates have $$$ in mind and want to sell more units. If you truly think this is wrong (and again, you are right), I suggest you don't buy the game on release and wait for a price drop. You should not be paying full price for old gen game with improved graphics and a few more touches. I don't usually buy games at release and I still get to experience all the games that I want. If all next-gen owners did that, it would definitely send a message to developers. But I doubt many gamers would do it.

ZX Spectrum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2021, 05:18 PM   #86
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

Player models still bother me. Judging by the short clip posted here, many players still have big heads. Look at Doncic's head - which is much more realistic in proportion. Now pause the video and compare it to some of the other guys - it's ridiculous. Are developers really not seeing it? Hard to believe that artists/designers who have access to technology allowing to scan players and know a thing or two about human anatomy - still can't see it.

ZX Spectrum
Old 08-31-2021, 05:22 PM   #87
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Again, you are right, nothing to say to make you be wrong. But corporates have $$$ in mind and want to sell more units. If you truly think this is wrong (and again, you are right), I suggest you don't buy the game on release and wait for a price drop. You should not be paying full price for old gen game with improved graphics and a few more touches. I don't usually buy games at release and I still get to experience all the games that I want. If all next-gen owners did that, it would definitely send a message to developers. But I doubt many gamers would do it.
I guess I'm not understanding why having specific next-gen features/enhancements would impact sales. They can innovate the current gen just as easy, but within the limitations of that console generation. I have never heard of people getting upset and refusing to buy a current-gen game, because the newest generation can do something that the current gen can't. If current generation can get the "same thing" as next-gen, then it defeats the whole purpose of getting a next-gen console.
Old 08-31-2021, 05:24 PM   #88
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76

Firstly it has nothing to do with feeling sorry for anyone. The PS4 userbase is the largest market by a long shot, from a business perspective it'd probably make more sense to make the game for PS4 than it would for PS5 until the PS5 has more users.

Secondly, has the game even been "dumbed down"? The game is taking advantage of the improved hardware, you can see it clearly. Beyond graphics/framerates, most of the improvements to NBA 2K come from better design choices, which can absolutely be applied to the previous gen, not having more CPU power.

The worst thing about next-gen consoles is everybody starts acting like the fact the games can run on older hardware is some massive downgrade to the new-gen games. PC games have forever been the benchmark in pushing hardware boundaries, and they've always run across a range of hardware. For the likes of NBA 2K, there is nothing revolutionary in the new gen consoles that makes it so different from old gen consoles. Its an iterative improvement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »