Home

NBA 2K22 MyNBA Details Revealed - MySTAFF, Staff Carousel, Prep Hub, Attributes, Badges & More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K22 MyNBA Details Revealed - MySTAFF, Staff Carousel, Prep Hub, Attributes, Badges & More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2021, 10:00 PM   #113
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K22 MyNBA Details Revealed - MySTAFF, Staff Carousel, Prep Hub, Attributes,

https://twitter.com/tgsogood/status/...516452355?s=21
Old 09-11-2021, 11:16 AM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K22 MyNBA Details Revealed - MySTAFF, Staff Carousel, Prep Hub, Attributes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyFan25
I like the new Staff features but none of this feels truly revolutionary.

Remember when they added League Expansion and Relocation? Or League Meetings/Rules Changes? I'm just not seeing the same innovating features that we were getting a couple years ago.

The entire draft/scouting process needs a huge revamp in 2k23. Here are some ideas:
  • They should let us scout players years in advance to when they're even in college. Team's knew about Zion years before he was even at Duke. It should be the same in 2k. Allow us to prepare and stock up on picks for a phenom coming a couple years down the line.
  • Players should dynamically declare for the draft or choose to stay in school for another year.
  • I want to know who won March Madness. Let me see the entire bracket+stats.
  • Pre-Draft workouts should be playable.
  • Players shouldn't have their potential revealed until after their first season or until they reach a certain number of minutes played. This would add a cool element of fog of war.

Also, League News also needs a big refresh. The generic tweets get old quick. I want to see the big storylines like we see every year in real life. Whether it be teammate drama, a Superstar requesting a trade, or a head coach losing the locker room, I want to see it all in 2k. Even fake screenshots of in game action would be cool to see. This is something that even Madden has had.
All of this re: the draft. We absolutely need the option to play through the combine and to scout years ahead. This would make the game so much more enjoyable. Drafting is such an essential part of building a franchise and it just feels like a tack-on right now, especially with 2K's automated classes.

Some things I'd add to your draft wishlist:
- You should have a way to project what year a guy is going to the draft, or how likely a guy is to go pro. A Zion level prospect is a >99% chance of going his first eligible year, but a guy like Tre Jones might be 90% and end up returning for a second year.
- Players should dynamically rise + fall as they age through the draft process. Right now a draft class is just a guy with static attributes, but they don't get better or worse throughout the season of scouting. With a multi-year pool of players, guys could rise rapidly in their last year of HS (think Collin Sexton) or blow up in college (think Ja Morant), or a top HS prospect could bust in college. Imagine seeing a blue chip HS prospect who was a 95% chance to go out his freshman year end up sitting in the prospect pool for four years of college because he flamed out. It would add such a level of intrigue & realism to the process!
- More in-depth stats for draftees. OOTP has incredibly detailed stats for college/HS players, right down to estimating their WAR. 2K could absolutely do this.
- At the end result, draft classes should adjust for age. In real life, most of the draft is underclassmen but in 2K you have way too many 22-24 year olds.

I was honestly shocked to read this Courtside Report and not see anything about improving the draft or free agency. I understand that building a staff is part of building your franchise, but the players matter more and the idea of roster building is just totally left aside.

I stopped buying the game a few years ago because the GM modes just didn't scratch the itch anymore. I tried em out on Ultimate Pass and always ended up disappointed. I always check on the updates because I really want a great NBA franchise mode experience and would gladly pay for it. They could definitely lure me back with fixes to the draft & transactions. Fixing trade & FA logic seems like a huge undertaking and the ways to do it are above my pay grade, but the draft ones don't seem as hard to implement and that would definitely get me interested.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »