Home

How many people from the 2K team work on tendencies?

This is a discussion on How many people from the 2K team work on tendencies? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2022, 08:49 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How many people from the 2K team work on tendencies?

I think 2K can do better job with tendencies I would like to seem them updated more frequently and to be accurate. If I'm not mistaking aren't they done by syngery sports or did 2K let that go a few years ago? I would like to see something similar to Dynamic DNA that was in Live 09.

Last edited by Charles Bliss; 05-20-2022 at 05:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2022, 11:37 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
Someone or anyone who is seen to have had a hard work doesn't mean the outcome would be good anyway right.

The ones you know or thinking you know the job behind the curtains doesn't really justify the bad outcome we have after all it's not the best am i wrong?

Comparing other people and saying he/she wouldn't do any better than whoever responsible for the tendencies atm wouldn't justify the bad outcome we have atm either.

Saying "community doesn't care" and reasoning this would actually justify what we say which is they whoever responsible don't care much either which is a quote from you. So you get lost a bit there with your reasonings. And no, i don't point you anything it's just a conversation no offense please, but man just as a whole you and i or any other player who cares about 5v5 gameplay(online/offline NBA portion) know that tendencies do matter and important to be able to really get us in NBA action feel while playing.

I think whoever saying tendencies are bad are right and they just want better outcome and if you really do have any contacts please let him/them know that his/their work is not a good one on user feedback.

At the end of the day this kinda feedback would only help everyone to get a better product and fully fleshed nba product at its best in that time and we would appreciate the good work and you,too; for letting responsible people know about.
How many contacts can one possibly have? I thought we have established the roster making team wasn't very sizable at all. I understand that the tendency process is more of a long-term one. But it seems like more of default machinery to me. There isn't enough unique separation for different types of players, which there are a lot of in the NBA.
Old 05-20-2022, 01:26 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 3

If red tape is stopping 2k from having accurate tendencies, then then that's their own fault.

If a superior underlying structure is still being worked on for a future iteration, fine. Give me something in the here and now that allows the a.i to use walking size ups, retreats, pump fakes and a host of other movements that replicate an NBA player trying to score and not a NPC going through the motions.
Old 05-20-2022, 03:31 PM   #28
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
If red tape is stopping 2k from having accurate tendencies, then then that's their own fault.

If a superior underlying structure is still being worked on for a future iteration, fine. Give me something in the here and now that allows the a.i to use walking size ups, retreats, pump fakes and a host of other movements that replicate an NBA player trying to score and not a NPC going through the motions.

Sent from my using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2022, 05:09 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster

That's a good point too. I never really thought of that. Otherwise how will Jimmy Butler play like Jimmy Butler?
Old 05-21-2022, 02:16 AM   #30
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10

I think we all know 2K can do better. Hopefully they will. As a fan of basketball in general there are things you can do to make it more enjoyable, however that's to each his own
Old 05-22-2022, 01:15 AM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real2KInsider
2K as a company has their trade secrets, as do their competitors. They are silent because it doesn't benefit them to publish info. As with any business, they are only going to communicate when there is a clear & direct benefit for them.

Uninformed comments aren't hurting their bottom line.

Most of it is just a circle jerk therapy session from people who are locked into buying the game in perpetuity irrespective of their issues. XYZ sucks yet nobody can articulate how to make it better.

It is easy to SAY more resources should be allocated, but we don't actually know the situation behind the castle walls.

Not all resources are created equally, either. Would you want tendencies to be handed off to someone with zero experience? What if the 10 people they have within the company capable of managing tendencies are already tied up in jobs that only 3 other people are capable of managing? At that point you're amputating a limb to bandage a scrape.

2K is aware of issues (believe me), but there is a backlog and priority list for each game. Sometimes they want to incorporate something but don't have the time and have to wait until the following season. They are working on things under the hood but don't let them go live until it's gone through the proper channels. Trust that the solution isn't as simple as letting an amateur walk in and trample the work of 100 other people.
2k has their trade secrets but you’ve managed to communicate more on their behalf without divulging secrets than they have. I can’t put their lack of communication across the board as a result of trade secrets I’m not rolling. If they don’t want to cool but this is not the reason.

I believe training is something all companies should consider especially if people are being stretched thin. Whatever system they are using is not maxed out efficiency wise. If you have too few hands working on something train more hands. If they’re strapped for cash and they can’t increase the budget then that’s again an indication of 2k focusing and diverting resources elsewhere. If that’s the case that’s what the problem is. Is the knowledge required unteachable?

People buy every year still because 2k has a monopoly on basketball games, and they shut down previous iterations of the games servers, this encourages people to buy the new one if they want updated rosters or the ability to play online.

Consumers paid for a product if they have questions about the product they can ask that isn’t a weird or unreasonable thing to do, 2k can refuse to answer because the company might not care, but now your 10 devs are getting harassed on the internet yearly by people who don’t know what they’re talking about.

This may be the devs best given the circumstances, whoever creates the circumstance can do better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2022, 01:25 AM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real2KInsider
Let us know when you get your degree in game design.

This post is effectively why developers don't engage here anymore, all the constructive criticism has already been mined. It's simply sentiments like "this is trash" from people who can't break down how it could be better.

The fact that you even require someone to point a finger at says a lot about your "woe is me" philosophy (which assuredly dominates other facets of your life as well).

Point the finger at yourself and figure out what YOU can be doing better to change a situation/environment. The irony is a number of people working on the game came directly from THIS community (the best of us, who cared the most), which makes the finger-pointing all the more comical (sad).

Didn’t even realize how nuts these last 2 paragraphs sound in the context of this discussion.

If I made you a sandwich and you bought it, and you had questions about the lettuce, you are allowed to ask me.

Im not gonna say you don’t know what’s going on in the kitchen, get your kitchen certifications, ask yourself what you can do to make the lettuce better, fix your own sandwich.

Woe is me philosophy dominates nothing in my life. If someone asked me for clarification or accountability or whatever I would do that. As someone who communicates I do appreciate communication. That was just a tiny bit too personal and defensive for you to not be Ronnie 2k

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »