Home

The Real NBA 2K11

This is a discussion on The Real NBA 2K11 within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 11:48 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: The Real NBA 2K11

"Shot tendency = the amount of touches/offense the player gets/generates in simmed games.
Touches tendency = the amount of touches/offense the player gets/generates in cpu controlled gameplay."

Repeat...edited nothing but touches. Boozer edited from 86 to 60, Rose edited up to 80.

Prior to edits, Boozer averaged about 25-28 PPG over 3 simmed seasons while Rose averaged about 16.

After Edits, Boozer averaged 16-17 PPG while Rose averaged 24-25 PPG.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #26
Pro

rgp913's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
I have only edited ratings thus far. Will work on tendencies (including touches) when I finish the ratings (I'm basically half-way done in only 3 days time).
Thanks Rashidi, I don't know how you do accomplished so much so quickly. Your a beast. Great job in continuing to give us the most accurate rosters.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

for touches its cpu vs cpu gameplay that you notice the big differences with star big men
Old 10-08-2010, 01:14 PM   #28
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Tried these out and although I love the idea of using synergy to make your roster editing based off of I don't believe it works with the game engine as well as it did for NBA live 9 and 10. There(In nba Live_ it felt like the synergy stuff actually imporved the gameplay while here using the logic for nba 2k11 doesn't.

case in point. rating supped and/or lowered introduced certain hiccups to animational gameplay and caused weird stuttering effects to what was already a decent playing game minus the gamespeed and SOME slider problems.

But rashidi's been holding it down for all of us giving us an option that we would not have others wise in nba 2k basketball thanks to how bad they are at roster up****** management...
Old 10-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #29
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

I forget which roster set I used last year, but they included mass ratings edits for Speed, Vert, Strength etc so that athletic bigs like Dwight Howard had the correct speed.

My question is, will this roster file have something similar?
Old 10-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

I can't wait till this get's to ps3, I'll click your blogs 200 times a day to get you some cash lol.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:03 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Tried these out and although I love the idea of using synergy to make your roster editing based off of I don't believe it works with the game engine as well as it did for NBA live 9 and 10. There(In nba Live_ it felt like the synergy stuff actually imporved the gameplay while here using the logic for nba 2k11 doesn't.

case in point. rating supped and/or lowered introduced certain hiccups to animational gameplay and caused weird stuttering effects to what was already a decent playing game minus the gamespeed and SOME slider problems.

But rashidi's been holding it down for all of us giving us an option that we would not have others wise in nba 2k basketball thanks to how bad they are at roster up****** management...

Can you ellaborate, as detailed as you are used to do, about what are the ratings boundaries in terms of activating different animations ? What can you visually obtain from a 85 ball handling and a 50 ? or a 90 Low post and a 50 ? And more importantly, can you specifically address a problem derivated from his edits ?

On the other hand, if you are more into playing against the CPU, you would instantly notice the differences of how rashidis work enhances the experience and radically alters the teams and players efficiency and behavior in a good way, as they ressemble their real life counterparts more truhfully. Thus is worth to say that his 2k11 work isnt complete.

As of now, the games does a debatable "decent job" on that part, global sliders always go into generalizing the experience rather than make it more authentic from team to team and no matter how often their roster updates are, while the actual form of doing them is mantained, they wont be usefull.

Finally I do agree that some of the data may not be correctly interpreted by the game as those type of things are considered when structuring the codes of gameplay, but can you identify which are those been malinterpreted ?

I am not bashing at you, or saying that his roster are "perfect" but rather just interested in knowing the details of your findings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2010, 02:27 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Can you ellaborate, as detailed as you are used to do, about what are the ratings boundaries in terms of activating different animations ? What can you visually obtain from a 85 ball handling and a 50 ? or a 90 Low post and a 50 ? And more importantly, can you specifically address a problem derivated from his edits ?

On the other hand, if you are more into playing against the CPU, you would instantly notice the differences of how rashidis work enhances the experience and radically alters the teams and players efficiency and behavior in a good way, as they ressemble their real life counterparts more truhfully. Thus is worth to say that his 2k11 work isnt complete.

As of now, the games does a debatable "decent job" on that part, global sliders always go into generalizing the experience rather than make it more authentic from team to team and no matter how often their roster updates are, while the actual form of doing them is mantained, they wont be usefull.

Finally I do agree that some of the data may not be correctly interpreted by the game as those type of things are considered when structuring the codes of gameplay, but can you identify which are those been malinterpreted ?

I am not bashing at you, or saying that his roster are "perfect" but rather just interested in knowing the details of your findings.
Very interesting,hope Tomba will answer soon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »