Home

Adding Cyber Faces to MP on updated rosters.

This is a discussion on Adding Cyber Faces to MP on updated rosters. within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2011, 04:41 PM   #9
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Adding Cyber Faces to MP on updated rosters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome_305
Your a complete noob...

I understand you want to be first but you got to know what your talking bout at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
The rosters that you automatically get when you start up 2K has the rookies on it. Those very same rosters do not work with the current method of adding cyber faces, the offsets have moved. I used the rosters that you get automatically when you start 2K and I did this.

That's my MP guy with the Solomon Jones CF applied WITH 2K's rookies in the Showcase game. The previous 4B88A6 offset DOES NOT work with these rosters.

And for clarity, this is my player card in the Showcase game, until it updates after you get drafted.

Notice the name, number, and secondary position. None of that is doable with the hexing info for "out of the box" default rosters. The new "default" rosters are the one's 2K automatically updates, and offsets have been moved.

You're talking about lockout rosters with no 2K rookies.
I understand that it's you who want to be first...then just put your allegedly already possessed knowledge out there, instead of constantly saying that you know how to do it, but you're not telling anyone.

Like I said, I found an offset that works. There was only one offset that you perviously spoke of, so I assume there's only one offset now.

Just saying that I dunno what I'm doing doesn't make it fact.

I'm still not even quite sure what you're upset about. You keep saying I'm wrong, but the pics say otherwise. You say you already knew how to do it...I never said you didn't....all I did was find it on my own, and post it here. If you had posted it, or told me what the offset was...then....you would have posted it, or told me the offset....what's got you so salty over there?

Last edited by nuckles2k2; 12-22-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #10
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23

Who's cyberface is that knuckles? With all the ink. I'd like to use it for myself. ^___^
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:28 PM   #11
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo is GOD
Who's cyberface is that knuckles? With all the ink. I'd like to use it for myself. ^___^

Soloman Jones. CF ID is 05AD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2011, 02:16 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
I understand that it's you who want to be first...then just put your allegedly already possessed knowledge out there, instead of constantly saying that you know how to do it, but you're not telling anyone.

Like I said, I found an offset that works. There was only one offset that you perviously spoke of, so I assume there's only one offset now.

Just saying that I dunno what I'm doing doesn't make it fact.

I'm still not even quite sure what you're upset about. You keep saying I'm wrong, but the pics say otherwise. You say you already knew how to do it...I never said you didn't....all I did was find it on my own, and post it here. If you had posted it, or told me what the offset was...then....you would have posted it, or told me the offset....what's got you so salty over there?
I'm sure you wanted to be first. Why would I want to be first if like you said I had the information long ago? MAkes no sense.Im just trying to get you to realize this below....

What your not understanding is that it wont work for everyone like I been saying before.Im not mad you changed your player. That has no effect on me why would I care about that? Like I said you posting a Thread on how to do something and I'm telling you it wont work for everyone.Which you seem to fail to understand because you only worked on your file.You will understand what I mean soon enough.

Last edited by chrome_305; 12-23-2011 at 02:22 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:45 AM   #13
Pro

Thelorn's Arena

OVR: 16

Glad it worked for you, but like chrome said it won't work for everyone. I tried it with the newest rosters and nothing happened. Been trying to start a Pippen one with goatee and had zero luck. Feel free to try it if you like. 03AE
Old 12-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #14
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelorn
Glad it worked for you, but like chrome said it won't work for everyone. I tried it with the newest rosters and nothing happened. Been trying to start a Pippen one with goatee and had zero luck. Feel free to try it if you like. 03AE

Ok, then instead of assuming that offset works, I'll give you the steps of what I did to find it (I still don't know why we were all using the same offset with the previous rosters, but now all of a sudden it's diff for people.)

---Use a pair of non-updated rosters (what I did was deleted everything roster or online related, rosters, living rosters, online data, even the Home file, went to the dashboard and cleared my cache....when I restarted the game, I denied the patch and the game loaded with default rosters)

---On those default rosters, create a new MP, and take the file into a hex editor.

---Go to where your "FFFF" face ID is.

---look 5 bytes to the left of that and that's the beginning of your player ID. The very first number is your position. So for prosperity sake, create a scoring SF, and when you look to the left of "FFFF" the first number in the string you need is "44."

---Write down the entire line of code beginning with 44 and ending with the last number before the first FF.

---Take that same line of code, and search for it in a MP file with new rosters. That's what I did. I found it twice in the file with updated rosters. The offset that worked was 4B5246. If that doesn't work for you, then keep searching for that specific line of code until you find the one that does.

You're still gonna need a leg code to make the skin stick like before. What I did was use Chrome's CFID tool, changing the leg color in the default rosters, went to 4B8904 as he instructed here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ce-player.html

And instead of writing in anything, I copied as far as he instructed to write. He said write 11 bytes, so I copied 11 bytes for two different leg colors. Then I tested them in the updated rosters. I counted how many bytes the first number in the leg code, is from the end of the CFID. Counting from the very next byte after the CFID, it's 5C bytes to the right, in both default and updated rosters.

Find your MP's ID in the default rosters, and look for it in the updated rosters. It's as simple as that. The first number will always signify position.

Here's the positions:

PG - 15
PG/SG - 06

SG - 37
SG/PG - 20
SG/SF - 28

SF - 56
SF/SG 44
SF/PF 4C

PF - 75
PF/SF - 68
PF/C - 70

C - 95
C/PF - 8C
Thanks to ALP1987 on another board for this list.

So based on what position you create, look for the corresponding number to the left of your "FFFF" in a file on default rosters, and copy all of those bytes, and find them in a file with updated rosters. If you find yourself at 4B5246, then that should be the spot for everyone, just like everyone used one offset with pervious rosters.

If you find it elsewhere then so be it, but it is somewhere in there to be found.

Last edited by nuckles2k2; 12-23-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:27 AM   #15
Pro

Thelorn's Arena

OVR: 16

I"ll give it a try. Check your arena I sent you a friend invite so we can chat on here in case I run into problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2011, 10:12 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 6

All chrome is saying is that your method will not work for everyone because the majority of us use rosters downloaded off of 2kshare, not the pure crap rosters that 2k releases. I also find it a bit odd that your showing how you got a Pippen MP to work using the game's default roster after deleting all the patches and such...and yet this thread is titled "Adding Cyber Faces to MP on updated rosters."...the default roster isn't an updated roster my man. I for one would LOVE to start a new cyberface MP with edited and updated 2kshare rosters that include 2k's rookies as well as all the patches. Still waiting on chrome to finally release his updated My Player tool that he teased over a month ago...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »