Home

Comprehensive Simulations Stat Mechanics Guide - ALL ROSTER MAKERS SHOULD READ

This is a discussion on Comprehensive Simulations Stat Mechanics Guide - ALL ROSTER MAKERS SHOULD READ within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #17
Rookie

BasedTaylor's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Comprehensive Simulations Stat Mechanics Guide - ALL ROSTER MAKERS SHOULD READ

Great post. Finally someone took the time to put into words this kind of stuff.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Comprehensive Simulations Stat Mechanics Guide - ALL ROSTER MAKERS SHOULD READ

Quote:
Originally Posted by broyismyhomie
What would the formula for shot locations be?

I'm kinda at a loss when it comes to that part.
That's an easy one. Just look at the player's per 40 minute attempts for each shot location on hoopdata.com. "At Rim" is inside shots, "3-9 feet" and "10-15" combined is close shots, 16-23 feet is "med shots," and 3 point shots is obvious. Multiply those values by 10 and input them as the shot location tendencies.

For players where you don't have this data, you can at least ensure they have the correct 3pt tendency by making sure the ratio between their 3PA and FGA stays equal to the ratio of their 3pt tendency to the sum of all their shot location tendencies.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zay916
AMAZING READ!!! Can you do a google docs of player ratings though? I'm on PS3. BUMP!!!!!!!!!!
If you mean do a spreadsheet where you can input numbers and get ratings, then you can make one yourself easily from the formulas in my post. If you mean a post of every single player's ratings, that's more work than I'd be willing to do unless someone were willing to pay for it...

Maybe I should replace the 2kinsider. I'd be like Rashidi, but not a dbag.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elknavo
If you mean do a spreadsheet where you can input numbers and get ratings, then you can make one yourself easily from the formulas in my post. If you mean a post of every single player's ratings, that's more work than I'd be willing to do unless someone were willing to pay for it...

Maybe I should replace the 2kinsider. I'd be like Rashidi, but not a dbag.
hahahaha! I'll just do a spreadsheet. I'm going to work on rosters that are more tailored for gameplay but i'll use some of your formulas for a base.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamalam
where can we find your roster?
I haven't released a roster yet, though I'm working on one that's close to release worthy. I'm getting sim stats close to perfect and I've just added second rounders (with CF's and displayed draft status) and every missing player, re-rated them according to my system where applicable, and fixed contracts for every player. What I have should be an excellent "base roster," as I've got close to perfect ratings for simulated stats in all the "hard ratings," though I haven't touched any of the subjective ratings. I just want to edit potential a little bit before I release anything, as I understand the current potential rating system is messed up and results in way too many players becoming 90+ OVR.

For those editing according to my formulae, you may be wondering what to do with rookies made by 2k (such as the first rounders) which are rated according to 2k's broken method and don't have any stat data you can use to get accurate ratings. For them, you should generally apply the following changes to bring them in line with my roster's rating system:

+15 Shot Inside
-10 Shot Medium
+5 Pass

Draw Foul Tendency -50

And for Shot Tendency:

New Shot Tendency = (OldTendency - 50) / 2 + 50
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #22
Rookie

BasedTaylor's Arena

OVR: 4

Must say I am quite perplexed as to how sports gaming companies don't get guys like this and the many others out there who could make realistic rosters with actual statistical evidence etc. I'd even give em all the power and say forget fan suggestions. Although that'll never happen due to $$$.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elknavo
I haven't released a roster yet, though I'm working on one that's close to release worthy. I'm getting sim stats close to perfect and I've just added second rounders (with CF's and displayed draft status) and every missing player, re-rated them according to my system where applicable, and fixed contracts for every player. What I have should be an excellent "base roster," as I've got close to perfect ratings for simulated stats in all the "hard ratings," though I haven't touched any of the subjective ratings. I just want to edit potential a little bit before I release anything, as I understand the current potential rating system is messed up and results in way too many players becoming 90+ OVR.

For those editing according to my formulae, you may be wondering what to do with rookies made by 2k (such as the first rounders) which are rated according to 2k's broken method and don't have any stat data you can use to get accurate ratings. For them, you should generally apply the following changes to bring them in line with my roster's rating system:

+15 Shot Inside
-10 Shot Medium
+5 Pass

Draw Foul Tendency -50

And for Shot Tendency:

New Shot Tendency = (OldTendency - 50) / 2 + 50
So this is only for PC?
Old 01-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zay916
So this is only for PC?
Yep. I'd recommend anyone interested in sim 2k gaming gets the PC version. It's far more moddable, even though the patches take longer to come out, and if enough people buy it they might actually decide to start supporting the PC version one of these years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »