Home

Final Draft - Playbooks done with synergy scouted plays

This is a discussion on Final Draft - Playbooks done with synergy scouted plays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Final Draft - Playbooks done with synergy scouted plays

Hey Van

I've got maybe stupid question but I have to ask. You fix playbooks but one thing for me is important what will be if during season I'll trade players and for example for Hawes in 76ers I'll have Howard. After trades I should change some plays in playbook or leave them?? Or maybe CPU will take only this plays which will be accurate for new player in club according to his tendencies?? I'm newbie in playbooks change so I hope that you will understand me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #26
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamilos1983
Hey Van

I've got maybe stupid question but I have to ask. You fix playbooks but one thing for me is important what will be if during season I'll trade players and for example for Hawes in 76ers I'll have Howard. After trades I should change some plays in playbook or leave them?? Or maybe CPU will take only this plays which will be accurate for new player in club according to his tendencies?? I'm newbie in playbooks change so I hope that you will understand me.
These playbooks are for teams to play as they do today. If you traded D Howard to 76ers you would want to change playbooks. I wouldnt swap out magic playbook for 76ers though. The sim world rosters are trying to account for trades in association and balance so try those when they finish. They did a great job with that. For example they will have 3-4 iso plays for celtics in their playbook even though they have no iso play types assigned to any players. This is a waste of 3-4 plays now BUT if a trade happened in Association with a guy who has iso tendencies and play types assigned then you wouldn't have to change any plays. That might be your best bet if you don't want to mess with changing plays in a association with trades on. If you want to use these and for the example you gave you will need to assign more punch plays which are direct pass plays with low post feed to howard. Make sure those punch plays or majority dont have the PNR option to it though if he doesn't receive the pass immediately. I would try and have 4-5 punch plays added for Howard.

I only use real world trades so I dont have this issue. But I will switch plays myself if something like what you described happened in real NBA. Hope that helps?
Old 02-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #27
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Update: Sorry guys, i took last night off and played UFC 3 all night after picking it up. I will have Heat, Suns, Lakers, and Blazers up by tonight...
Old 02-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #28
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
That's simply awesome. Playing on pc I can't use the great rosters for XBox/PS3 so thanks for your work.

I noticed that it's next to impossible to have big men take a lot of shots using the normal touches scale. Even if the AI calls a post play, most of them simply don't work because the player starts posting up too far away from the basket or plays within a motion set take too long to develop.
My only solution was to adjust touches on a scale from 0-50 for wing players and pretty much 50-100 for PFs/Cs to give players like Wilt at least 15-20 shots per game.

Since there aren't that many roster mods for PC, do the adjusted playbooks alone improve post-play so I don't have to change touches and shooting tendencies? I don't care for absolutely accurate stats across every category, but do these improved playbooks work with a normal touches-scale generating realistic fga's?
There are alot of factors in this. Sliders - i got drive at 55 and feed post at 89. Then you got coaching sliders for each team that you can adjust for post and drive, inside shot, etc. Then you got playbooks, and touches. Its balancing all 4 of those IMO. I will say this though for team like Magic with D Howard or any other post player you want to get more looks for with shots then you need to add more punch plays like i stated in above post. Make sure you add a play like CLE Punch instead of a bunch of punch plays like BOS punch which has a PNR option if the post feed doesn't happen. The BOS Punch play is a great play but if you want more low post feeds and shots from down there your best bet is to eliminate the option post plays. I would try these playbooks and you will see a difference for sure but also mess with those 2 sliders for personal preference of where you want it to be.

In these playbooks the play types and plays with real players and team concepts have been factored in to where you will see more shots with a D Howard for example. BUT touches do also play a role. Thats not my area although I do go in and tweak touches and shot tendencies after testing teams in game until I get realistic results with user vs cpu. Those are just individual and small changes however and I used sim world rosters who had most guys and teams pretty accurate.

Doesn't hyperballer do PC edits? I saw his thread and list and I loved what I read with changes he was doing with his edits coming out soon! I especially liked his ideas with pull up jumpers as well as up and under eliminated (as much as can be). Those 2 parts of gameplay along with the dribble tendencies are major areas I believe need to be edited globally. Looks like he is doing that. Maybe check his roster out with coaching and slider changes and put these playbooks into it and see what you get.

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 02-15-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
These playbooks are for teams to play as they do today. If you traded D Howard to 76ers you would want to change playbooks. I wouldnt swap out magic playbook for 76ers though. The sim world rosters are trying to account for trades in association and balance so try those when they finish. They did a great job with that. For example they will have 3-4 iso plays for celtics in their playbook even though they have no iso play types assigned to any players. This is a waste of 3-4 plays now BUT if a trade happened in Association with a guy who has iso tendencies and play types assigned then you wouldn't have to change any plays. That might be your best bet if you don't want to mess with changing plays in a association with trades on. If you want to use these and for the example you gave you will need to assign more punch plays which are direct pass plays with low post feed to howard. Make sure those punch plays or majority dont have the PNR option to it though if he doesn't receive the pass immediately. I would try and have 4-5 punch plays added for Howard.

I only use real world trades so I dont have this issue. But I will switch plays myself if something like what you described happened in real NBA. Hope that helps?
Yes that help me very much. And last question for you. I will continue my Howard example. Maybe a good thing is to after the trade delete plays for Hawes and put in that place plays for Howard from your Magic playbook?? If my way of thinking in that idea is bad just tell me because in that subject I trust your opinion.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #30
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamilos1983
Yes that help me very much. And last question for you. I will continue my Howard example. Maybe a good thing is to after the trade delete plays for Hawes and put in that place plays for Howard from your Magic playbook?? If my way of thinking in that idea is bad just tell me because in that subject I trust your opinion.
No, because Hawes for example has 32 plays in his playbook assigned from his play types. He has cutter as a play type although its his 4th play type. The thing is the cutter plays tie into other players on the team such as AI or Evan Turner. So eliminating some of those plays take plays away from those guys. Also low post plays take away from Elton Brand, etc... The 76ers have 10 low post plays, maybe give them 12-14 and drop mid and PNR by 1-2 plays each and add more punch plays or just replace a few option low post plays for straight punches too and dont change anything else and you might just be fine too. The 76ers are pretty solid in low post plays as they have some punches, high low looks (3 i believe), and dribble punches. So you will get some good low post looks for Howard in your example.

I wouldn't use your theory though for teams for reason above though as play types are assigned per team and eliminating a play for 1 player effects another player with the same play type. It sucks and hopefully 2k changes this soon to give us individual plays per player.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
No, because Hawes for example has 32 plays in his playbook assigned from his play types. He has cutter as a play type although its his 4th play type. The thing is the cutter plays tie into other players on the team such as AI or Evan Turner. So eliminating some of those plays take plays away from those guys. Also low post plays take away from Elton Brand, etc... The 76ers have 10 low post plays, maybe give them 12-14 and drop mid and PNR by 1-2 plays each and add more punch plays or just replace a few option low post plays for straight punches too and dont change anything else and you might just be fine too. The 76ers are pretty solid in low post plays as they have some punches, high low looks (3 i believe), and dribble punches. So you will get some good low post looks for Howard in your example.

I wouldn't use your theory though for teams for reason above though as play types are assigned per team and eliminating a play for 1 player effects another player with the same play type. It sucks and hopefully 2k changes this soon to give us individual plays per player.
Now I understand. It was my mistake because I was always thinking that plays in the game are individual for every player in team like in real life thanks for quick reply.
I play one game with yours playbook and settings for my favourite Chicago and it was magnificent experience. Good job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #32
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

For all you waiting on a blog update I tried all last night and this morning to update the blog but for some reason it does not save and sends me away from OS site after I hit save. I PM'd OS about this to let them know in the case its not just me.

Anyways, I will just here until I can update the blog. Here are Lakers, Heat, and Blazers. I will put Suns, Magic, Thunder, Warriors, Knicks, and Clippers by tonight/early tomorrow morning...

Lakers
Spoiler

Heat
Spoiler

Trailblazers
Spoiler

Knicks
Spoiler

>>
Suns
Spoiler

Magic
Spoiler

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 02-16-2012 at 08:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »