Home

The Official NBA 2K12 OS Mega Roster Project with REDitor Edits (360)

This is a discussion on The Official NBA 2K12 OS Mega Roster Project with REDitor Edits (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #409
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: The Official NBA 2K12 OS Mega Roster Project with REDitor Edits (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Here are some of the ratings that stick out from the 76ers and Bobcats:

3PT Rating
DJ White 99 (1-1 for the season)
Sam Young 99 (5-8 for the season)
Nikola Vucevic 82 (3-8 for the season)
Jrue Holiday 80 (Composite rating of 82)
Tyrus Thomas 76 (1-3 for the season)
Craig Brackins 76 (3-9 for the season)
Reggie Williams 71 (Composite rating of 84)

Mid-Range Rating
Eduardo Najera 99
Thaddeus Young 78
Bismack Biyombo 66
Tony Battie 66
Andre Iguodala 62
Corey Maggette 52

@PaulPierce, if you want me to apply these edits to all teams I will. What do you think with what you see so far?

In my opinion the composite ratings are SO much better...

Having a guy that shot 1 basket have a 99 rating because he made his shot is ridiculous.

Unless they prove that they can be consistent knocking down shots, the ratings should not be that high.

Ray allen is a career 40+% 3 pt shooter..and you're telling me that his rating should be lower than a guy that was 1/1 for 3 pts because ray allen was 100/150

Those are completely made up numbers obviously...they are just there for arguments sake.

At the same time, I can understand Sam young having a high rating because 5/8 at least provides a small sample size, this is assuming you have his tendency number very very low so that he isn't attempting 30 3 pters in a season
Applying the same logic, a guy who gets into a game for 30 seconds in the season, and has the opportunity for 1 rebound, if he gets that rebound over everyone else, he should have a 99 rebound rating because he successflly rebounded 1 out of 1 possible rebounds while he was in the game.

See where some of us are coming from?

Not trying to sound rude, I appreciate all of the work you guys are putting into these rosters as does everyone else I'm sure...just trying to pose a strong counter argument.

Last edited by NFCastle; 05-08-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:56 PM   #410
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCastle
In my opinion the composite ratings are SO much better...

Having a guy that shot 1 basket have a 99 rating because he made his shot is ridiculous.

Unless they prove that they can be consistent knocking down shots, the ratings should not be that high.

Ray allen is a career 40+% 3 pt shooter..and you're telling me that his rating should be lower than a guy that was 1/1 for 3 pts because ray allen was 100/150

Those are completely made up numbers obviously...they are just there for arguments sake.

At the same time, I can understand Sam young having a high rating because 5/8 at least provides a small sample size, this is assuming you have his tendency number very very low so that he isn't attempting 30 3 pters in a season
Applying the same logic, a guy who gets into a game for 30 seconds in the season, and has the opportunity for 1 rebound, if he gets that rebound over everyone else, he should have a 99 rebound rating because he successflly rebounded 1 out of 1 possible rebounds while he was in the game.

See where some of us are coming from?

Not trying to sound rude, I appreciate all of the work you guys are putting into these rosters as does everyone else I'm sure...just trying to pose a strong counter argument.
I'm not necessarily arguing for this method or against it, although for the sake of realism I agree that the "Composite Rating" is a better, more logical choice. Remember, I'm the one who made the "Composite Rating" roster ratings/tendencies. I'm just throwing out another idea for a roster so the community can have more choices. I was simply putting those rating examples out there to show how a "Season Specific" roster would look.

What do you think, PP? This is your project, I'm just happy to help out. I'll wait to see your opinion on it.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:02 AM   #411
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I'm not necessarily arguing for this method or against it, although for the sake of realism I agree that the "Composite Rating" is a better, more logical choice. Remember, I'm the one who made the "Composite Rating" roster ratings/tendencies. I'm just throwing out another idea for a roster so the community can have more choices. I was simply putting those rating examples out there to show how a "Season Specific" roster would look.

What do you think, PP? This is your project, I'm just happy to help out. I'll wait to see your opinion on it.
Yea, i understand what you mean. I was more so arguing for your original composite ratings to stay or be tweaked as I am more of an association mode player, and I think it would probably provide more accurate results from season to season with your ratings as they are. I think your composite rating scale is great btw.

It blows my mind that with this roster, you were able to get some guys a proper number of assists.

Any other roster I've used the most assists per season that I see is around 8 or 9, and guys like rondo get 7 apg...in these he gets 10-12 consistently.

I guess a better way to say what I was saying last post is that if a guy only takes 1 shot from 3 pt range, it's probably because he knows, and his coach knows that it is not his strong suit and if he shoots them frequently, more often than not, he will miss.

Regardless of what you guys go with im sure the roster will still play great.

Can't wait for you guys to finish up this project...it makes 2k an entirely new game.

Thanks again for all of your efforts to everyone involved.

Last edited by NFCastle; 05-09-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2012, 01:08 AM   #412
Rookie

OVR: 1
Under what name can I find the SLIDERS on 2kShare? Is it still Extreme3600 in Top Rated? Because I tried that and I can't seem to find it, just older sliders.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:03 AM   #413
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15
Can't find the rosters, sliders. 2k share is working again.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:01 AM   #414
Banned

OVR: 0

why do norris cole and terrel harris of the miami heat not have their normal cyberfaces...............
Old 05-09-2012, 06:11 AM   #415
Don't Kill My Vibe

Paul Pierce_OS's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by LbJ6MvP
why do norris cole and terrel harris of the miami heat not have their normal cyberfaces...............
Terrell Harris dose not have a cyber face in the game so don't get what you mean their,

Sent from Celtics Nation

Twitter: @__JonathanLucas
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2012, 06:12 AM   #416
Don't Kill My Vibe

Paul Pierce_OS's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by boboddy101
Under what name can I find the SLIDERS on 2kShare? Is it still Extreme3600 in Top Rated? Because I tried that and I can't seem to find it, just older sliders.
Please just manually apply them I hope drj is right about 2kshare.

Sent from Celtics Nation

Twitter: @__JonathanLucas

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »