Home

Player Potential? Which players have Superstar, All Star Potential? Potential Busts?

This is a discussion on Player Potential? Which players have Superstar, All Star Potential? Potential Busts? within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 11
Re: Player Potential? Which players have Superstar, All Star Potential? Potential Bus

Not because I know him from the Euro League last year or the Olympics but Alexey Shved. Or as Charles Barkley who can't say us international folks names correctly Shed. Shved is going too be a star in a couple of years. He's already had a couple double doubles he's surprised me by playing as good as he has been. He has great range and pretty good defense. I expect him too have a great Rising Stars game even off the bench and I think if he stays in Minnesota with Ricky Love and company that team is going to be set for years.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Player Potential? Which players have Superstar, All Star Potential? Potential Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyedude33
Andre Drummond is a superstar waiting to happen. Assuming all goes well in his rehab from his recent back injury that is. Man was putting up crazy numbers in small minutes before the injury. He had a top 15 PER in the League

I see Drummond as a Future All-Star not sure he is going to reach Superstar Level, unless he get a GREAT Low Post coach.( Paging Hakeem)

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 02-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #11
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
So which category do you think Cole will fall in? I personally see him as a Starter/Role Player for his Career. I like getting other opinions/views on players.
He'll be a starter with good coaching. I'm not saying he'll be a amazing player but I can see him getting 14 a game with 5-6 assists. It's just him already though, if you give him 30 minutes and the starting role he'll do that without potential adjusted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I see Drummond as a Future All-Star not sure he is going to reach Superstar Level, unless he get a GREAT Low Post coach.( Paging Hakeem)
Not saying I disagree with you necessarily, but look at what Dwight Howard has been able to do with subpar low post skills.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #13
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

At 21 years old, I know Derrick Favors still has a lot of time to "figure it out". However, I don't think he will ever truly amount to the high draft pick that was spent on him. I see him as a player that will eventually get lost on rosters. I think he will be a solid contributor in the future but I think he will fall somewhere between "bust" and - "decent starter" if that makes any sense. I'm working so I'll do a few more later vtcrb.

Also, just a suggestion, but maybe we should all comment on what some of the previous posters discuss and whether or not we agree. That way maybe we can get a good idea of where most people stand on different players.

Andre Drummond - I agree that he will be an all star center but I'm not sold on him being a superstar at this point.

Norris Cole - I honestly haven't paid a ton of attention to him but I don't see him being more than a quality starter.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyedude33
Not saying I disagree with you necessarily, but look at what Dwight Howard has been able to do with subpar low post skills.
IF the Pistons could keep the Twin Towers together and let them develop, i think it would help them both in their Careers. The problem with the lack of bigmen in NBA today i feel is MOST times only 1 true post player on each team which causes defenses to collapse and causes today's bigmen to develop bad habits trying to force their way thru defense. Dwight had a certain determination(drive, hustle) when he was younger, i just havent seen from Drummond enough yet. If he develops it he will be very good.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
At 21 years old, I know Derrick Favors still has a lot of time to "figure it out". However, I don't think he will ever truly amount to the high draft pick that was spent on him. I see him as a player that will eventually get lost on rosters. I think he will be a solid contributor in the future but I think he will fall somewhere between "bust" and - "decent starter" if that makes any sense. I'm working so I'll do a few more later vtcrb.

Also, just a suggestion, but maybe we should all comment on what some of the previous posters discuss and whether or not we agree. That way maybe we can get a good idea of where most people stand on different players.

Andre Drummond - I agree that he will be an all star center but I'm not sold on him being a superstar at this point.

Norris Cole - I honestly haven't paid a ton of attention to him but I don't see him being more than a quality starter.

Favors to me is a PRIME example of a Bigmen with Untapped Potential. He just has made it on his Size, Strength and Athletic Ability. He along with MOST if not AL Bigmen need to work more on their actual Post Game. I mean it makes NO sense that we have Hakeem, The Admiral, Ewing, etc. who could work with these guys during the summer, but ,most DONT try to get the help to be great.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

I have Updated the 1st Post with feedback and my personal opinion mixed. let me know what you guys think. Please keep the feedback coming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »