Home

2000-01 Roster PS3 (WIP)

This is a discussion on 2000-01 Roster PS3 (WIP) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2018, 01:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2000-01 Roster PS3 (WIP) 2k13

Roster file for 2k13 PS3

Just wanted to share this little roster project I have been working on lately over the winter holiday. While I have been building this for my own enjoyment, I figured I'd share with the lastgen community (what's left of it) as other than jd@os there doesn't appear to be many/any PS3 creators active at present time.

Teams complete as of 1.4.18
Philly (00-01), Orlando (94-95 Magic), Charlotte (92-93 Hornets use), Boston, Indiana, Chicago, New York, Miami, Utah (97-98 Jazz), San Antonio (97-98 Spurs), LA Lakers, Phoenix, Dallas, Sacramento (01-02 Kings), and Portland.

*** Note that the 90s teams listed above are the classic teams you should select in the play now menu to play as the 2000-01 team (so if you wanted to play as the Hornets for the 2000-01 season, select the "92-93 Hornets" classic team)

The notable teams I've yet to do are Milwaukee (conference finalists), Toronto (Vince Carter and co.) and Minnesota (KG) - these are next on my list, however I am trying to see if I can make the arena options for these teams more realistic – if I cannot get this to work I will simply re-upload the file with these teams in the default spots but I would very much like to make things as accurate as possible. Beyond that, Clippers and Hawks are probably next (hopefully this thing gets completed at some point)

Speaking of accuracy, for the highest realism levels I recommend using the Classic II jerseys for the Hornets, Classic II jerseys for the Magic, Classic II (and alt) jerseys for the Pacers, Classic I's for NYK, Classic IIs for Utah, and default the rest of the way*
* Note Dallas did not switch to their modern scheme/logo until the following year but I personally overlook that so the Mavs' court matches up with their jerseys

CAP Cyberfaces

Pretty much all the CAP players (about 80 so far) have cyberface lookalikes, but if people find individual examples of better matches I'm certainly all ears and such help would be greatly appreciated. Also note that the rotations are NOT exact for the 2000-01 season and do not factor in injured reserve players - if you wish to make the rotations accurate basketballreference.com has full rotations for every team that year.

Credit goes to jd@os and Bigdoc85 for providing some of the CAPs, Leftos for his roster editing tool, hokupguy for his player and coach cyberface ID list, and Dom5552's XBOX roster which I used as a ratings template. *** I AM NOT CLAIMING CREDIT FOR THIS ROSTER'S PLAYER RATINGS AND ATTRIBUTES*** This has been in large part an amalgam of many previous roster files I have mixed and matched, if I miss giving you credit for something you provided me post in this thread and you will be acknowledged. Others are free to use this any way they see fit.

Remember you need the BRUTEFORCE save data tool to access this roster

Mediafire link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cegki3xoh5c5b6q/2001+Roster+OranjeSyracuse.zip

Last edited by oranjesyracuse; 01-04-2018 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Clarity
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2018, 03:26 PM   #2
Rookie

nflrocks24's Arena

Re: 2000-01 Roster PS3 (WIP)

What game is this for NBA 2k13? Is this an add on to JD's roster?
Old 01-04-2018, 03:32 PM   #3
Rookie

nflrocks24's Arena

So from reading your post, is this different teams from the 90's or all the teams from the 2000-01 season? It's seems like it's a mix from reading your post.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:15 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflrocks24
So from reading your post, is this different teams from the 90's or all the teams from the 2000-01 season? It's seems like it's a mix from reading your post.
yes this is for 2k13 and sorry I should have been more clear. This roster contains 15 completed teams from the 2000-01 season and will eventually have all 29 from that specific year. The "90s" ones (i.e. 92-93 Charlotte Hornets) the classic teams containing the correct 2000-01 roster but the team you select is the 92-93 Hornets in the "play now" menu (same for the Jazz, Spurs, etc). This was done to allow teams to play on the correct court design for the 2000-01 season (i.e. the Alamodome or Charlotte Coliseum). As I do not have REDMC this was the only way to get more accurate courts for the 2000-01 season.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:16 PM   #5
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Check my MJ HIStory roster. Got somethin' for ya.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2018, 08:10 PM   #6
Rookie

nflrocks24's Arena

Are you by chance also going to do the 2003-04 season or 2004-05 season as well? I loved NBA live 2004 and 2005 back in the day and love to play to with those rosters again especially that my PS2 broke and the gameplay kind of outdated but still games to play very fun to play, just wanted a remastered version of that though.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:53 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflrocks24
Are you by chance also going to do the 2003-04 season or 2004-05 season as well? I loved NBA live 2004 and 2005 back in the day and love to play to with those rosters again especially that my PS2 broke and the gameplay kind of outdated but still games to play very fun to play, just wanted a remastered version of that though.
I will look into doing a 2004-05 roster - one of the most interesting years in the NBA in recent memory (a massive what-if with the Pacers and Ron Artest, the first season of Nash's Suns, Shaq to the Heat and Kobe's first season alone in LA - plus as a Boston fan the last good year of Antoine and Truth). I wouldn't expect anything soon though as I will really be trying to make things as accurate as possible (probable release date at this point in a month or so) plus I'm currently already doing a 2010 roster right now as well so sit tight and I'll see what I can do
Old 01-22-2018, 10:27 PM   #8
Rookie

nflrocks24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranjesyracuse
I will look into doing a 2004-05 roster - one of the most interesting years in the NBA in recent memory (a massive what-if with the Pacers and Ron Artest, the first season of Nash's Suns, Shaq to the Heat and Kobe's first season alone in LA - plus as a Boston fan the last good year of Antoine and Truth). I wouldn't expect anything soon though as I will really be trying to make things as accurate as possible (probable release date at this point in a month or so) plus I'm currently already doing a 2010 roster right now as well so sit tight and I'll see what I can do
Thanks orangesyracuse, I really appreciate it since I loved NBA live 2005. It was the best basketball game back then. And you don't have to rush, I rather you get it accurate so it's fun. Also I can't wait for the 2010 roster as well. Last year before LeBron left for the heat and in the middle of the great Boston, LA rivalry. Also can't wait for you to finish this as well 2000-01 season. But I do have one question. You said the rotations aren't going to be accurate and I went to basketball reference.com and I couldn't find the rotations to past teams. Can you give a link to where I can find the roations for the teams or do the roations like JD roster?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »